“83% of Americans have health insurance which leaves 17% uninsured. Health care should be made available, at low or no cost, to those uninsured AMERICANS.
However, reforming the entire health care system to accommodate 17% of the population is like taking your car to the mechanic to overhaul the engine when it only needs a tune-up and an oil change.
We don’t need 2000 pages of more regulations. How about just expanding Medicaid eligibility and then Congress can place a moratorium on ALL earmarks and pet projects in order to help pay for this health care.”….Jonah, comment on Citizen Wells Blog
Thoughts on Health Care Reform
The Citizen Wells blog has some great commenters. Hard working, common sense based Americans that care about this country. The above quote is an example not only of the comments on this blog but the opinion of most Americans.
I do not care for either political party, Republican or Democrat. However,
I applaud the Republican party for opposing the socialist health care bill before Congress and fighting attempts by the Democrat controlled Congress to spend us into ruin.
The modern day Democrat party is controlled by far left socialists and appears to be beyond help, save for a few courageous Democrats who voted against the health care bill.
We must continue to voice our concerns over government run health care and hold Congress accountable.
One of the lessons I learned along the way is this. It is not ok to simply criticize a plan. I learned this as a practical consequence of dealing with management. When one is in opposition to a plan or strategy, it is important to not just complain, but to offer a better plan. The Republicans have come up with several far superior plans that have been shunned by the Democrats. They have at their basis the strategem from above. Don’t ruin existing health care to fix it. Simply fix the problems.
The Democrat Health Care Bill is not about fixing health care. It is about control, bigger government, appealing to a support base of far left socialists, attorneys, pharmaceutical companies, abortion proponents and so on. Health care can be dramatically transformed by simply doing the following:
- Opening up insurance policies across state lines.
- Tort reform. That is limiting the role of trial attorneys and therefore reducing malpractice insurance costs to all segments of health care.
- Providing for health insurance portability.
- Providing basic health care coverage at a moderate price as a safety net for those that truly can not afford it.
- Opening up the health care field to allow more doctors and PA’s. Of course lower malpractice insurance costs will help.
Republicans, Independents and some Democrats, if we allow you to enter or remain in Congress this is not a vote for status quo. We expect you to uphold and defend the US Constitution and function as statesmen and not career politicians. We also want you to fix health care and not politicize it. We are fed up with business as usual.