Tag Archives: April 22

Glenn Beck Boston bombing announcement, April 22, 2013, Saudi National Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, Government sources, Documents, FBI informants, Alharbi given terrorist status

Glenn Beck Boston bombing announcement, April 22, 2013, Saudi National Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, Government sources, Documents, FBI informants, Alharbi given terrorist status

” the FBI reviewed its records and determined that in early 2011, a foreign government asked the FBI for information about Tamerlan Tsarnaev. The request stated that it was based on information that he was a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer, and that he had changed drastically since 2010 as he prepared to leave the United States for travel to the country’s region to join unspecified underground groups.”…FBI press release April 19, 2013

“Saudi Arabia, which gave us 15 of the 19 Sept. 11 hijackers, will soon get the coveted “trusted traveler” status from the Department of Homeland Security.”…NY post March 21, 2013

“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”…Barack Obama

***  12:30 PM update below  ***

From Glenn Beck live Monday, April 22, 2013.

On Tuesday April 16, 2013, the NCTC issued an event file for deportation of Saudi National Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi.

212 3B status – proven terrorist status.

Solid evidence required.

Next John Kerry met with a Saudi representative in private.

Then the significance of Alharbi is downgraded.

Wednesday, the file on Saudi National Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi is modified with the 212 3B status being removed and the deportation order rescinded.

The Saudi National Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi had been on a terrorist watch list but was given a special student status.

The DHS told the media that the other Saudi being held was being deported.

The other Saudi had a student visa that allowed him to live in Finley, Ohio.

Beck just said that they are working on the family connections and there is more to come.

***  Update  ***

To clarify what was reported live as Glenn Beck spoke earlier:

“Background points:

  • A Saudi national originally identified as a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombing was set to be deported under section 212 3B — “Security and related grounds” — “Terrorist activities” after the bombing
  • As the story gained traction, TheBlaze’s Chief Content Officer Joel Cheatwood received word that the government may not deport the Saudi national, originally identified as Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi
  • Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to answer questions on the subject when confronted by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on Capitol Hill.
  • An ICE official said a different Saudi national is in custody, but is “in no way” connected to the bombings.
  • A congressional source, however, says that the file on Alharbi was created, that he was “linked” in some way to the Boston bombings (though it is unclear how), and that documents showing all this have been sent to Congress.
  • Key congressmen of the Committee on Homeland Security request a classified briefing with Napolitano
  • Fox News’ Todd Starnes reports that Alharbi was allegedly flagged on a terrorist watch list and granted a student visa without being properly vetted.  Sources close to the investigation also told him the Saudi is still set for deportation.
  • New information provided to TheBlaze reveals Alharbi’s file was altered early Wednesday evening to disassociate him from the initial charges
  • Sources say the Saudi’s student visa specifically allows him to go to school in Findlay, Ohio, though he appears to have an apartment in Boston, Massachusetts
  • Sources tell us this will most likely now be kicked from the DHS to the DOJ and labeled an ongoing investigation that can no longer be discussed.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/22/beck-breaks-exclusive-information-on-saudi-national-allegedly-connected-to-boston-bombings/

ObamaBowsSaudiKing

BostonSaudiMichelleVisit

Advertisement

Blagojevich Motion to Subpoena Barack Obama, Redacted sections, Rod Blagojevich trial, April 22, 2010, Chicago Tribune

Blagojevich Motion to Subpoena Barack Obama, Redacted sections

 

The Chicago Tribune has the redacted scetions of the Blagojevich Motion to Subpoena Barack Obama on their site. Here are the redactions,

9. Yet, despite President Obama stating that no representatives of his had any part of any deals, labor union president told the FBI and the United States Attorneys 

that he
spoke to labor union official on November 3, 2008 who received a phone message
from Obama that evening. After labor union official listened to the message
labor union official told labor union president “I’m the one”. Labor union
president took that to mean that labor union official was to be the one to deliver
the message on behalf of Obama that Senate Candidate B was his pick. (Labor
union president 302, February 2, 2009, p. 7).

10. Labor union official told the FBI and the United States Attorneys“Obama expressed
his belief that [Senate Candidate B] would be a good Senator for the people of
Illinois and would be a candidate who could win re-election. [Labor union
official] advised Obama that [labor union official] would reach out to Governor
Blagojevich and advocate for [Senate Candidate B].. . . [Labor union official]
called [labor union president] and told [labor union president] that Obama was
aware that [labor union official] would be reaching out to Blagojevich.” (Labor
union official 302, February 3, 2009 p. 3).

11. According to Senate Candidate B

,

on November, 4 2008, Senate Candidate B
spoke with labor union official about the Senate seat. Labor union official said
he spoke to Obama. Labor union official said he was going to meet with
Blagojevich and said “he was going to push Blagojevich hard on this. According
to Senate Candidate B, labor union official’s language could have been stronger
than the language that she was reporting to the government.” (Senate Candidate
B 302, December 19, 2008).

12. On November 5, 2008, Blagojevich told John Harris that labor union official

“talked
to Barack Obama, wants to come and see me.” Blagojevich then told Harris that
labor union official “was very explicit with me, “I talked to Barack about the
Senate seat. Can I come and see ya? Can I do it tomorrow?’ I said, sure.”
(Blagojevich Home Phone Call # 261).
 

13. A supporter of Presidential Candidate Obama

suggested that she talk to the wife of
Governor Blagojevich about Senate Candidate B for Senator. (Valerie Jarrett
302, December 19, 2008). Supporter of Presidential Candidate Obama is
mentioned in a phone call on November 3, 2008, having offered “fundraising” in
exchange for Senate Candidate B for senator (Blagojevich Home Phone Call #
149).

17. President-elect Obama also

spoke to Governor Blagojevich on December 1, 2008
in Philadelphia. On Harris Cell Phone Call # 139, John Harris and Governor’s
legal counsel discuss a conversation Blagojevich had with President-elect
Obama. The government claims a conspiracy existed from October 22, 2008 continuing through December 9, 2008.6 That conversation is relevant to the defense of the government’s theory of an ongoing conspiracy. Only Rod Blagojevich and President Obama can testify to the contents of that conversation. The defense is allowed to present evidence that corroborates the defendant’s testimony.7
Obama.

18. President-elect Obama

also suggested Senate Candidate A to Governor Blagojevich.
John Harris told the FBI and the United States Attorneys that he spoke to
President’s Chief of Staff on November 12, 2008. Harris took notes of the
conversation and wrote that President’s Chief had previously worked as
Blagojevich’s press secretary. Obama agreed of Staff told Harris that Senate
Candidate A was acceptable to Obama as a senate pick. (Harris handwritten
notes, OOG1004463) President’s Chief of Staff told the FBI that “he could not
say where but somewhere it was communicated to him that” Senate Candidate A
was a suggested candidate viewed as one of the four “right” candidates “by the
Obama transition team.” (Rahm Emanuel 302, p. 5, December 20, 2008). Harris
told Blagojevich Obama’s suggestion on November 12, 2008 (Blagojevich Home
Phone Call # 539).

19. President-elect Obama

was also involved in other senate candidate choices. On
December 8, 2008, John Harris’ secretary’s call log noted President’s Chief of
Staff called at 10:47 am and wrote “needs to talk to you asap” (Harris 302,
February 20, 2009). President’s Chief of Staff told the FBI that he had a
conversation discussing the Senate seat with Obama on December 7, 2008 in
Obama’s car. President’s Chief of Staff told the FBI “Obama expressed concern
about Senate Candidate D being appointed as Senator. [President’s Chief of
Staff] suggested they might need an expanded list to possibly include names of
African Americans that came out of the business world. [President’s Chief of
Staff] thought he suggested Senate Candidate E who was the head of the Urban
League and with President’s Chief of Staff’s suggestion.” (President’s Chief of Staff, 302, 12-20-08).

22. However, the defense has a good faith belief that Mr. Rezko, President Obama’s former friend, fund-raiser, and neighbor told the FBI and the United States Attorneys

a different story about President Obama. In a recent in camera proceeding, the
government tendered a three paragraph letter indicating that Rezko “has stated
in interviews with the government that he engaged in election law violations by
personally contributing a large sum of cash to the campaign of a public official
who is not Rod Blagojevich. … Further, the public official denies being aware of
cash contributions to his campaign by Rezko or others and denies having
conversations with Rezko related to cash contributions. … Rezko has also stated
in interviews with the government that he believed he transmitted a quid pro quo
offer from a lobbyist to the public official, whereby the lobbyist would hold a
fundraiser for the official in exchange for favorable official action, but that the
public official rejected the offer. The public official denies any such conversation. In addition, Rezko has stated to the government that he and the public official had certain conversations about gaming legislation and administration, which the public official denies having had.”10

23. President Obama is the only one who can testify as to the veracity

 of Mr. Rezko’s allegations above.

10 The defense has a good faith belief that this public official is Barack Obama.

“No, I have never been asked to do
anything to advance his business interest. In 1999, when I was a State Senator, I opposed legislation to bring a
casino to Rosemont and allow casino gambling at docked riverboats which news reports said Al Johnson and Tony
Rezko were interested in being part of. I never discussed a casino license with either of them. I was a vocal
opponent of the legislation.”

Obama’s involvement with Tony Rezko and this legislation coincides with the
three paragraph summary the government has provided to the defense referenced above.
 

The redacted sections were found here:

http://media.apps.chicagotribune.com/docs/obama-subpoena.html#document/p3/a11

A good faith effort was made to present the redacted sections. Any errors found will be corrected as noted.

Blagojevich trial, Obama subpoena, April 22, 2010, Blagojevich lawyers request permission to subpoena Obama, Obama has direct knowledge to allegations made in the indictment

Blagojevich trial, Obama subpoena, April 22, 2010

***  Update below ***

From WGN Chicago Breaking News Center.

“Blago defense seeks permission to subpoena Obama”

“Lawyers for former Gov. Rod Blagojevich today asked a federal judge for permission to subpoena President Barack Obama to testify at Blagojevich’s upcoming trial.

Blagojevich is charged with using his office to enrich himself and close associates, including allegations he tried to sell the U.S. Senate seat that Obama vacated in 2008 with his election to the White House.

Blagojevich’s lawyers have previously suggested they might try to question the president.

“President Obama has direct knowledge to allegations made in the indictment,” the defense said in its filing. “In addition, President Obama’s public statements contradict other witness statements.”

The defense said it still  has not received notes from FBI interviews of Obama even though it first sought that material  in December.

Blagojevich’s lawyers contend that some of Obama’s public remarks that no representatives of his had any stake in any alleged deals Blagojevich had over the senate seat has been contradicted by some witnesses in interviews with the FBI and federal prosecutors. That allegedly contradictory information has been blacked out of the new filing, though the defense asked in a footnote that the entire filing be unsealed.”

Read more:
Thanks to commenter JJ.
***  Update 6:00 PM ET  ***
View the motion:

Blagojevich trial, Update, April 22, 2010, Judge James Zagel criticizes Blagojevich, Zagel unhappy with defense team, The only person who can admit evidence is me

Blagojevich trial, Update, April 22, 2010, Judge James Zagel criticizes Blagojevich

From The Christian Science Monitor

“Judge in Rod Blagojevich case takes the former governor to task”

“Former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich tried to use a hearing in federal court Wednesday to confront his nemesis in his pending June trial: US Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald.
Mr. Blagojevich had angrily described the federal prosecutor as a “liar” late Tuesday, challenging him through local television cameras to “be man enough to be in court” the next day.

Mr. Fitzgerald did not show. But US District Judge James Zagel told Blagojevich and his lawyers that he was unhappy with the combative nature of the defense. His courtroom would not “permit the legal equivalent of head butts,” he said.

“Those rules are enforced by the referee, not by the boxers. I am that referee – no one else,” Judge Zagel said.”

“Zagel criticized the former governor for repeated remarks in the media about prosecutors suppressing wiretaps that Blagojevich says, if aired, would reveal a “smoking gun” pointing at his innocence.”

“Zagel made it clear that it wasn’t up to the prosecution team regarding what would be allowed in the trial. Rather, the admittance of all evidence is under Zagel’s domain. “The only person who can admit evidence is me,” he said.

He gave Blagojevich’s legal team until May 14 to provide a list of all the tapes it wants played at the trial. But he warned that he would monitor whether the requested tapes were relevant to the case so that jurors aren’t “needlessly consumed” by evidence that has no bearing on the trial.”

Read more:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2010/0421/Judge-in-Rod-Blagojevich-case-takes-the-former-governor-to-task