Glenn Beck Boston bombing announcement, April 22, 2013, Saudi National Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, Government sources, Documents, FBI informants, Alharbi given terrorist status
” the FBI reviewed its records and determined that in early 2011, a foreign government asked the FBI for information about Tamerlan Tsarnaev. The request stated that it was based on information that he was a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer, and that he had changed drastically since 2010 as he prepared to leave the United States for travel to the country’s region to join unspecified underground groups.”…FBI press release April 19, 2013
“Saudi Arabia, which gave us 15 of the 19 Sept. 11 hijackers, will soon get the coveted “trusted traveler” status from the Department of Homeland Security.”…NY post March 21, 2013
“I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”…Barack Obama
*** 12:30 PM update below ***
From Glenn Beck live Monday, April 22, 2013.
On Tuesday April 16, 2013, the NCTC issued an event file for deportation of Saudi National Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi.
212 3B status – proven terrorist status.
Solid evidence required.
Next John Kerry met with a Saudi representative in private.
Then the significance of Alharbi is downgraded.
Wednesday, the file on Saudi National Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi is modified with the 212 3B status being removed and the deportation order rescinded.
The Saudi National Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi had been on a terrorist watch list but was given a special student status.
The DHS told the media that the other Saudi being held was being deported.
The other Saudi had a student visa that allowed him to live in Finley, Ohio.
Beck just said that they are working on the family connections and there is more to come.
*** Update ***
To clarify what was reported live as Glenn Beck spoke earlier:
- A Saudi national originally identified as a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombing was set to be deported under section 212 3B — “Security and related grounds” — “Terrorist activities” after the bombing
- As the story gained traction, TheBlaze’s Chief Content Officer Joel Cheatwood received word that the government may not deport the Saudi national, originally identified as Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi
- Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to answer questions on the subject when confronted by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on Capitol Hill.
- An ICE official said a different Saudi national is in custody, but is “in no way” connected to the bombings.
- A congressional source, however, says that the file on Alharbi was created, that he was “linked” in some way to the Boston bombings (though it is unclear how), and that documents showing all this have been sent to Congress.
- Key congressmen of the Committee on Homeland Security request a classified briefing with Napolitano
- Fox News’ Todd Starnes reports that Alharbi was allegedly flagged on a terrorist watch list and granted a student visa without being properly vetted. Sources close to the investigation also told him the Saudi is still set for deportation.
- New information provided to TheBlaze reveals Alharbi’s file was altered early Wednesday evening to disassociate him from the initial charges
- Sources say the Saudi’s student visa specifically allows him to go to school in Findlay, Ohio, though he appears to have an apartment in Boston, Massachusetts
- Sources tell us this will most likely now be kicked from the DHS to the DOJ and labeled an ongoing investigation that can no longer be discussed.”