*** Updated November 30, 4:15 PM ET ***
I am glad that Politico has lowered Obama’s status from Messiah to prophet and actually covered some of the no brainer negative aspects about his personality and administration. I am glad that Politico covered some real problem aspects of Obama, but this is still fluff journalism.
“7 stories Barack Obama doesn’t want told”
“The Obama White House argues that all of these storylines are inaccurate or unfair. In some cases these anti-Obama narratives are fanned by Republicans, in some cases by reporters and commentators
But they all are serious threats to Obama, if they gain enough currency to become the dominant frame through which people interpret the president’s actions and motives.”
- “He thinks he’s playing with Monopoly money”
- “Too much Leonard Nimoy”
- “That’s the Chicago Way”
- “He’s a pushover”
- “He sees America as another pleasant country on the U.N. roll call, somewhere between Albania and Zimbabwe”
- “President Pelosi”
- “He’s in love with the man in the mirror”
John Harris and Politico, don’t you think that Obama does not want the American public to know that he has spent approx 2 million dollars avoiding producing proof that he is a natural born citizen? How about the deeper ties to Rezko, Blagojevich, et al when he was a IL Senator? Perhaps he would rather not answer questions about where he was in early November 1999.
I am not accusing Politico of being bought by the Obama camp, being anti American, anti US Constitution, dull witted, profiting by targeting the niche market of left wing wackos, having poor reading comprehension skills or anything else. But for the life of me, what the hell motivates them to write such biased, unfounded in facts, un American crap. There are many others out there who would like an honest answer.
So, Ben Smith, John Harris and the rest of you at Politico, do you have an answer or response for number 1 on the Internet Billboard. Why Obama has employed a legion of private and government attorneys to avoid producing a legitimate birth certificate proving his country of birth. Lou Dobbs, while he was at CNN of all places, asked why Obama doesn’t produce a birth certificate. US taxpayers are paying for some of Obama’s legal representation. Who is paying for the rest? Cost estimates run near two million dollars. These are real issues requiring serious journalism and reporting.
When this story breaks big, the biased, incompetent or fearful folks reporting in the MSM and internet are going to have a lot of explaining and soul searching to do. After all, this is our country and the country we will leave our descendants.
It is one thing to ignore the Obama eligibility issues. It is quite another to attack and demean honest, patriotic, concerned Americans who look to the US Constitution for guidance.
Politico had this to say about the Obama eligibility issues on March 1, 2009
“Culture of conspiracy: the Birthers”
“Barack Obama rests his hand on President Lincoln’s Inaugural Bible as Michelle holds it as he takes the oath of office.
Photo: AP Bill Clinton had the Vince Foster “murder.” George W. Bush had 9/11 Truth. And the new administration has brought with it a new culture of conspiracy: The Birthers.
Out of the gaze of the mainstream and even the conservative media is a flourishing culture of advocates, theorists and lawyers, all devoted to proving that Barack Obama isn’t eligible to be president of the United States. Viewed as irrelevant by the White House, and as embarrassing by much of the Republican Party, the subculture still thrives from the conservative website WorldNetDaily, which claims that some 300,000 people have signed a petition demanding more information on Obama’s birth, to Cullman, Alabama, where Sen. Richard Shelby took a question on the subject at a town hall meeting last week.
Their confinement to the fringe hasn’t cooled the passion of believers; the obscure New York preacher James Manning turned up at a National Press Club session in December to declare the president “the most notorious criminal in the history not just of America, but of this entire planet.”
A quick reality check, before we dive in: The challenges to Obama’s eligibility have no grounding in evidence. Courts across the country have summarily rejected the movement’s theory — that Obama can’t be a citizen because his father wasn’t —as a misreading of U.S. law; and Hawaii officials, along with contemporary birth announcements, affirm that Obama was in fact born in Honolulu in 1961.
But belief in obscure, discredited theories is a constant in a country with a history of partisan division — a country in which, a recent survey showed, 34 percent of the public believes in UFOs and 24 percent believes in witches..”
Read more (if you can stomach it):
*** Update ***
I would like to thank the Dancing From Genesis Blog for the following astute observation:
“Ben Smith has responded to the allegations that Obama is hiding his true legal birth status, claiming at his Politico blog that Philip Berg’s lawsuit is specious because Obama has supposedly proven that he’s a natural born citizen of the United States, which certainly is not the case, and thereby demonstrates that Smith and his Politico are but tools of the left, not to be trusted, as he obfuscates the real issue, where is the proof that Obama is a natural born citizen of the United States?
Smith has raked http://CitizenWells.wordpress.com over the coals for reporting this as serious news, and now, if you click on the link, Citizen Wells has called out Smith, challenging him to respond to his call, so we shall see if Smith hides, or addresses the issues raised by Citizen Wells and Philip Berg in his lawsuit, soon to be considered at the Supreme Court.”
*** Update End ***
You folks at Politico seem to be some real rocket scientists. However, this is not complicated. That is why I put the biggest no brainer in the world as number 1 on the Internet Billboard. Why is Obama avoiding the natural born citizen issue?
Article II, Sec. 1, cl. 5 of the US Constitution
“No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President. . .”
From the 20th Amendment to the US Constitution.
“or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until
a President shall have qualified;”
November 30, 2009
Attention: Politico, John Harris, Ben Smith
It is not a conspiracy theory. Using the term “birther” in a condescending, Orwellian manner to discredit decent, hard working Americans who believe that the US Constitution is the law of the land, will not be tolerated.
1. Barack Obama has employed a legion of private and government attorneys to prevent revealing his country of birth. Innocent and eligible persons seeking the office of president do not do that.
2. Barack Obama’s father was a citizen of Kenya and a British citizen. “natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution” was explicitly written to deal with the issue of foreign allegiances at the time of the writing of the US Constitution.
3. Barack Obama’s citizenship and allegiance was further tainted when he was adopted by his stepfather Lolo Soetoro and Obama became an Indonesian citizen.
4. Some combination of the above allowed Obama to travel to Pakistan in 1981 when travel there was restricted to US citizens.
5. The only document presented by the Obama camp is a Hawaii COLB. There has been no substantiation that it is authentic and it does not establish country of birth. As Lou Dobbs stated, “It is a piece of paper that refers to another piece of paper.”
6. All other documentation, all school records, that would establish country of birth have been kept hidden and restricted.
7. No authentic documentation has been presented to establish that Barack Obama was born in the US.
8. The records of all hospitals in Hawaii have been searched. There is no record of Stanley Ann Obama ever having given birth to a child.
9. Barack Obama’s paternal grandmother in Kenya has stated on multiple occasions that she was present at Obama’s birth in Mombasa.
10. Others have stated, including multiple family members, officials and press, that Obama was born in Kenya.
This has been presented in a manner that a fifth grader can understand. However, if you have any questions, please contact me on this blog.
Failure to learn more about and understand this critical issue and take appropriate measures can only be construed as apathy, ignorance or having an un American agenda. This includes the Mainstream Media and Politico.com.