Seth Rich FOIA status update, Ty Clevenger v USDOJ Dept. of Justice June 7, 2019 defendants request for extension of time granted, Clevenger request for records concerning murder of DNC employee Seth Rich
“The facts that we know of in the murder of the DNC staffer, Seth Rich, was that he was gunned down blocks from his home on July 10, 2016. Washington Metro police detectives claim that Mr. Rich was a robbery victim, which is strange since after being shot twice in the back, he was still wearing a $2,000 gold necklace and watch. He still had his wallet, key and phone. Clearly, he was not a victim of robbery.”…Retired Admiral James A. Lyons March 1, 2018
“Mueller, as a matter of determined policy, omitted key steps which any honest investigator would undertake. He did not commission any forensic examination of the DNC servers. He did not interview Bill Binney. He did not interview Julian Assange. His failure to do any of those obvious things renders his report worthless.”…Craig Murray May 9, 2019
“We are being lied to on a scale unimaginable by George Orwell.”…Citizen Wells
On September 1, 2017, Attorney Ty Clevenger made a FOIA request to the U.S. Department of Justice:
“I request the opportunity to view all records and correspondence pertaining to
Seth Conrad Rich (DOB: January 3, 1989), who was murdered in the District of
Columbia on or about July 10, 2016. This request includes, but is not limited to, any records or correspondence resulting from any investigation of his murder.”
On March 14, 2018 Attorney Clevenger filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit.
“This morning I filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit that asks a federal judge in Brooklyn to order the FBI and U.S. Department of Justice to release records concerning the murder of former Democratic National Committee employee Seth Rich.
Back in October, I wrote about the U.S. Department of Justice ordering the U.S. Attorney’s Office in D.C. to release records about the murder, but since that time not a single record has been produced. Around the same time, the FBI refused to search for records in its Washington Field Office, even though that is where the records are most likely to be found. The lawsuit notes that the FBI has a history of trying to hide records from FOIA requestors and Congress.”
From the lawsuit:
“The Plaintiff submitted the FOIA request electronically and/or via facsimile to the following specific components of DOJ: the FBI, the Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys(“EOUSA”),the Criminal Division,and the Office ofInformation Policy(“OIP”).
7. In a September 13, 2017 letter, the EOUSA indicated that it would not release records without proof of Mr. Rich’s death. The Plaintiff immediately filed an administrative appeal, and OIP reversed EOUSA’s decision on October 2, 2017, directing EOUSA to search for responsive records. As of the date of this Complaint, however, EOUSA has failed to:(1) produce the requested records or demonstrate that the requested records are lawfully exempt from production; or(2) notify the Plaintiff of the scope of any responsive records EOUSA intends to produce or withhold and the reasons for any withholdings.
8. In a September 19, 2017 letter, the FBI indicated that its search produced no responsive records: Based on the information you provided, we conducted a search of the Central Recordf System. We were unable to identify main file records responsive to the FOIA. If you have additional information pertaining to the subject that you believe was ofinvestigative interest to the Bureau, please provide us the details and we will conduct an additional search.
9. On September 30, 2017, the Plaintiff filed an electronic appeal of the FBI’s decision with OPI, writing as follows: The September 19, 2017 letter that I received from the FBI indicates that it only searched the “Central Records System” and that it was unable to identify “main file records” responsive to the FOIA. My request was not limited to the Central Records System nor to main file records. Any responsive records likely would be found in emails, hard copy documents, and other files in the FBI’s Washington Field Office. In my experience, the FBI often does not search email accounts in response to FOIA requests, and it appears that it did not search email records in this instance. The FBI should be directed to conduct a thorough search, to include emails and other records in the Washington Field Office. The administrative appeal was denied on November 9, 2017. As of the date of this Complaint, other DOJ components have not responded to the Plaintiffs FOIA request.
10. In response to an unrelated FOIA request submitted by the Plaintiff, the FBI produced documents on January 12, 2018 indicating that Peter Baker, the former general counsel for the FBI, attempted to hide certain records from FOIA requestors. In that request, the Plainiiff sought records concerning laptop computers examined by the FBI as part of its investigation of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. According to the records produced on January 12, 2018, the FBI agreed to take custody of the laptops from two lawyers for purposes of the investigation, but it further agreed to deny that it had custody of the devices for purposes of FOIA requests. See Ty Clevenger, January 12, 2018,”Document dump provides more evidence that FBI was playing politics,” http://lawflog.com/?p=l832. Also during Mr. Baker’s tenure, the FBI withheld records sought by another agency until that agency signed a non-disclosure agreement to prevent the records from being released to Congress. See September 25,2017 Letter from Senator Charles Grassley to FBI Director Christopher Wray, https://www.grasslev.senate.gov/news/news-releases/watchdog-agencv-made-sign-nQn- i disclosure-agreements-get-information-fbi.
11. With respect to Mr. Rich’s murder, the Plaintiff is reliably informed that FBI agents assisted the District of Columbia’s Metropolitan Police Department in its investigation, specifically assisting the local police as they sought information from Mr. Rich’s electronic devices. Given the FBI’s history of trying to conceal information from FOIA requestors and Congress, the Plaintiff must wonder whether the FBI entered an agreement with the Metropolitan Police to withhold records related to Mr. Rich’s murder.
12. On October 10, 2017, the Plaintiff filed a FOIA request with NSA that sought, among other things, the following: All correspondence received from or sent to any member of Congress (or anyone representing a member of Congress or Congressional committee) regarding Seth Rich, Julian Assange, Wikileaks, Kim Dotcom, Aaron Rich, Shawn Lucas, Kelsey Mulka, Imran Awan, Abid Awan, Jamal Awan, Hina Alvi, and/or Rao Abbas.
13. In a letter dated February 14, 2018, the NSA indicated that it searched for responsive records but was still reviewing the records to determine whether to release them. As of the date of this Complaint, NSA has failed to:(1) produce the requested records or demonstrate that the requested records are lawfully exempt from production; or(2) notify the Plaintiff of the scope of any responsive records EOUSA intends to produce or withhold and the reasons for any withholdings.”
The last court record in the lawsuit was Friday, June 7, 2019.
“ORDER: Defendants’ counsel writes, with plaintiff’s consent to request an extension of time for service of defendants’ summary judgment motion. ECF No.24 . This is defendants’ second request. The request is granted. The Court adopts the parties’ proposed briefing schedule. Defendants’ counsel shall serve their motion for summary judgment on plaintiff by July 22, 2019. Plaintiff shall serve his response on defendants’ counsel by August 22, 2019. Defendants’ counsel shall serve their reply on plaintiff and file the fully briefed motion for summary judgment by September 12, 2019. A courtesy copy of the fully briefed motion for summary judgment shall be delivered to chambers by that same date. Defendant is reminded that Local Rule 56.2 requires special notice to a pro se litigant regarding a motion for Summary Judgment. Ordered by Magistrate Judge Lois Bloom on 6/7/2019. ”
You can view the lawsuit’s progress through the court and status here:
“Some of my friends have warned me to stay away from the Seth Rich case because it’s too fringe, and because it will damage my credibility. I think that’s exactly what Michael Gottlieb and his ilk are trying to achieve, namely to gaslight anyone who questions the official narrative. Remember, I didn’t start blogging about Seth Rich until the FBI and the Justice Department stonewalled my requests for information (BTW, a hearing on my FOIA lawsuit is scheduled for June 20, 2018 in Brooklyn).
And it’s not just right-wingers who are asking questions. One of the Twitter accounts subpoenaed by Boies Schiller belongs to Jared Beck, an attorney who, like me, has been involved in litigation related to Seth Rich. Jared was an ardent Bernie Sanders supporter and he is a harsh critic of President Trump, proving that you don’t have to be a Trump supporter to question the official narrative, and you don’t have to be a Republican to fear the deep state.”
Attorney Ty Clevenger June 11, 2018
What i’d like to know is how a federal judge can, in a heartbeat, shut down anything the President of the US wants to do, but…..
apparently has no control over the DOJ and the FBI who can seemingly flout the directives of a federal judge at will without any consequences.
So much going on…..NOW THIS?
Look at all the hard work Congress members have done…..oops!
House Democrats propose $4,500 “PAY RAISE” for Congress.
House spending leaders want to break a decade long pay freeze and give members of Congress a cost-of-living bump that could pad their salaries with an extra $4,500 next year.
Congressional salaries have been frozen at about $174,000 since 2009, when Democrats controlled Congress and decided to suspend automatic cost-of-living increases while heading into the 2010 election year.
Now, House Democrats say they are moving forward with fiscal 2020 funding bills that won’t block those pay increases, which are guaranteed by a 1989 federal ethics law.
“There is strong bipartisan support for these modest inflation adjustments,” said Evan Hollander, a spokesperson for the House Appropriations Committee, noting that the panel does not have to take action to allow the automatic increases and will simply be forgoing language that would block the raises.
“If members want to alter or eliminate the [cost-of-living adjustment], they should do so through the authorizing process — not appropriations bills,” Hollander said.
Under current law, lawmakers would receive a 2.6 percent pay adjustment, or $4,500, in January. But boosting congressional pay is always politically difficult.
“I think the American people would think that Congress ought to earn it first,” Senate Appropriations Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) told reporters this week.
…………..AND NOW……..California is going to fund a healthcare bill to benefit illegal aliens……and without a doubt AT THE EXPENSE OF ALL CALIFORNIANS. there goes the price of your strawberries. har har
The house and senate are crafting bills with large numbers of sponsers of both parties that is titled:
Threat Assessment Prevention, And Safety (TAPS) Act of 2019
It’s a future crimes bill.
“The act is set to create mini-task forces of threat assessment personnel for deployment in schools, places of work, NGOs, tribal communities, and pretty much anywhere they can perceive a future threat.”
They want to look for people who are a threat to them. Them being the creators of the dominant narratives.
There is nothing in the article that says what they’ll do to people once they identify them as threats. Does anyone think they’ll just identify them and do nothing?
Our gov’t is the greatest threat to liberty on this planet. And there is nothing else that is even remotely close.
………….yet sadly nobody even gives a damn…………in fact many Americans are now so damn stupid they think that the threat identity is really for schools. Maybe they will get smarter when they find themselves in prison on PHONY MADE UP CHARGES. TOO LATE THEN TO GET SMART!!!!
…………the raving New York LUNATIC says he has concluded a deal for all of the Mueller report. Who made the deal? If it wasn’t the AG then it was with Mueller. He could end up in prison for doing it. There are parts of the report that are Grand Jury information which NADLER HAS NO RIGHT TO under any circumstances. I pray that Nadler is Indicted for his criminal wrong doing. BTW does anyone know when the IG is going to release his report. It is now nearly a month OVERDUE. It is beginning to look as though there will be no IG report. HOROWITZ PROBABLY BOUGHT OFF. !!!!!
…………snot nosed Democrats have once again implied that it is OK for China to rip off America. The self indulging CHILD POLITICAL PRODIGIES can’t seem to understand what they are talking about. Otherwise they would not be saying the really DUMB CRAP we are hearing from them. There is also a number of RINOs who have thrown in with the LIBERAL LUNATICS. All such people accomplish is to show the world just how dumb THEY REALLY ARE……..they BELIEVE totally imagined BS.
News about Seth Rich, and spying, by the usurper.
The US gov’t is still trying to get New Zealand to extradite Kim Dotcom because of his ownership of Megaupload, which was a company that was a platform to upload stuff like movies that people could download.
So consider this. Megaupload was nothing but a platform. It just let people do what they wanted to on it. And the US gov’t wants Megaupload’s owner to be responsible for it. (Kim Dotcom) That’s treating them as a publisher.
Facebook and Twitter and Google are in the business of deciding which content they want on their sites and editing and banning what they don’t want. But the US gov’t is treating them not as a publisher, but as nothing but a platform that is not responsible for what people put on their sites.
The US gov’t is so corrupt it is unbelievable.
Oh, yeah, and one other thing. Kim Dotcom says he has first hand knowledge about Seth Rich and files that were copied and given to Wikileaks.
Arpaio said he had proof that the birth cert was a phony and the dept of injustice hounded him into court on ridiculous charges.
Now Dotcom says he knows about Seth Rich and the dept of injustice is hounding him into the ground.
Let’s also not forget that there is an election in less than a year and a half and if there is a different Attorney General after that election, one from the democrat party, all investigations into Comey, Brennan and all the rest will be immediately dropped.
Every day that gets wasted away with nothing happening gets us one day closer to those crooks receiving no justice. All the democrats have to do is steal the 2020 election and it will be all over.
Can we get them into jail for their crimes in the next year and a half?
………….it has been a well known fact that download speeds differ radically dependent what medium is being used for that purpose. The extraction of DNC files had to have been done using a “THUMB” drive. Simple mechanics tells on that fact. Seth Rich had the opportunity, the wherewith all, and certainly the motive which culminated because of what was being done to him by the goons in the Mzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Piggy campaign, and by the “TERRAPIN” (Podesta) club. Rich knew where to hit the perpetrators to really hurt them. It is called “PUBLICITY”. The DNC files were PRIMARY FODDER for his purpose. In addition he knew when to make the files public so as to do the most damage to Mzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.Piggy.
Mr. Assange if brought to America will be dead before 24 hours has passed. The DEEP STATE GOON SQUAD will see to it. Assange is one of the two remaining people who are aware of what actually occurred. The other is DOTCOM.
…………..you are much closer to the truth than you may even suspect. What you have reiterated, and posted may soon bring some DNC GOONS to your front door……..bt don’t stop watching over your shoulder, because the BASTARDS will try to strike at you from BEHIND YOU. That is where ALL slimy, odorous SNEAKS dwell. You will smell their stinking bodies long before you see them.
………….the raving, foaming at the mouth Jerry Nadler has brought a Watergate period NITWIT to testify in todays oversight hearings. He openly said he has NO KNOWLEDGE about what is going on yet here he is testifying about something he has NO KNOWLWDGE of. This is the result of the efforts of the NEW YORK LUNATIC. REAL LOAD OF MANURE !!!!
Our job is to “rectify” (see “1984′) the previously rectified version of the Seth Rich
murder and possible involvement in the DNC leaks crafted and propagated by the DNC/media & some search engines.
While the court cases may never reach the truth, at least they are helping to keep the story alive
& counteract the lies that have become “truth.”