William Cellini trial, Cellini played Democrats and Republicans, Operation Board Games, Rezko Levine Obama Blagojevich

From the Chicago Tribune September 9, 2011.

“Democrat, Republican — Cellini can play them all”
“Illinois Republicans are often easy to forget, what with the Democrats holding all the key offices, from City Hall West (121 N. LaSalle St.) to City Hall East (1600 Pennsylvania Ave.).

Political historians would tell you that all that power didn’t come from magic spells. It came from big-city Democratic Party patronage armies.

Historians might also tell you that armies travel best on roads.

And in Illinois, for decade upon decade upon decade, all the roads have led to Bill Cellini, the low-key multimillionaire boss hog Republican. Chieftain of the road builders, Cellini was at the heart of the bipartisan Illinois Combine.

Cellini made his fortune through his political connections, working with Republican governors on questionable inside deals from gambling casinos to real estate, all of it from his power base in Springfield. But it’s what he allegedly did with Democrat and convicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich that finally landed Cellini in a federal indictment.

On Oct. 3, Cellini will stand trial in federal court in Chicago. If you’re there you’ll see a little guy in his late 70s in a dark suit, unassuming, a thin man wearing a Julius Caesar-style haircut.

And if you’re interested in how Illinois politics works — not the speeches of the puppets and the gamesmanship of their media lickspittles, but the real politics of hard leverage for big money — then you’ll pay attention.”

“”I’ve fought him my entire career,” Sen. Fitzgerald once told me about Cellini. “And for near 40 years, Cellini has been calling the shots from behind the scenes in Springfield. He’s gotten very rich off the taxpayers. Very rich.”

But Cellini stayed to pull the strings. And the Illinois Republican Party ran Pete Fitzgerald out of politics. So don’t tell me there’s not a Combine. The Cellini trial, one of the last chapters of the federal government’s Operation Board Games investigation, will lay out how the Combine works.

Powerful Illinois Republicans team up with powerful Illinois Democrats, and some earthy characters are thrown in. One is convicted political fixer Tony Rezko, fundraiser and real estate fairy to President Barack Obama, and fundraiser to Blagojevich as well.”

“He flew under that radar year after year, without getting much publicity. Fools like Blagojevich preen and demand media attention. Guys like Cellini prefer to count their coin in the shadows.”

“Think of a spider in the middle of a web, and all those silky strands bring him information on what’s coming for dinner.

A spider with hair combed forward over the forehead.

I can’t wait for October.”

64 responses to “William Cellini trial, Cellini played Democrats and Republicans, Operation Board Games, Rezko Levine Obama Blagojevich

1. From here on out I will refer to Hussein as B-HO.

CW, 1984 is knocking again!

“Shocking, but not surprising! B-Ho was also wrong on saying that Lincoln started the first land grant colleges. Each state is in charge of its own educational institutions and most of the states entering the union after 1815 had designated state universities,with grants of land, in their state constitutions. That is the reason that major state universities are in near the geographic center of their respective states, and not located in the major urban areas”

2. Some Words for Obama and,
    somehow Obama just doesn’t get it!…Stubborn? Stupid? Incompetent?

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong
    You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
    You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot build character and courage by taking away man’s initiative
    and independence.
    You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
    You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
    You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
    You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
    You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they will not do
    for themselves.

3. Pat 1789 | September 10, 2011 at 4:56 pm |
    From here on out I will refer to Hussein as B-HO.

————————————————————–
    LOL! I still prefer bo. bo doesn’t deserve the respect that comes with capital letters.

4. bo’s BS “jobs” speech had 10 Million fewer viewers than his other joint session speeches although 11 networks carried the BS.

5. hapnHal | September 10, 2011 at 5:19 pm |

Some Words for Obama and,
    somehow Obama just doesn’t get it!…Stubborn? Stupid? Incompetent?

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong
    You cannot help the poor man by destroying the rich.
    You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot build character and courage by taking away man’s initiative
    and independence.
    You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
    You cannot lift the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer.
    You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
    You cannot establish security on borrowed money.
    You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they will not do
    for themselves.
    ***************************
    Unless Obama usurped the Presidency Of The U.S.A. to do damage to our country, then he would do these things.

6. Bob…
    How do we get rid of this parasite? I don’t know, but this I do know.
    If Obummer is removed from office then people could get back to work and quit worrying.
    Hey, that’s it! “A new way for job creation!”

7. How about bringing back the WPA,and the CCC. Do you suppose Soetoro will have the slightest idea what these letter sets refer to. I will go so far as to say that a number of our infra structure entities were built by either,or both. There is a lot more to be said about both of these organisations.

8. Watched Biden’s speech at the memorial, with the other Dignitaries nearby, bo was not there Thank Goodness for that.A breath Fresh Air!

9. I am doubtful that anybody,or anything will be able to return the US to the level of productivity which we enjoyed prior to the GW Bush,and Soetoro administrations, in a short period of time. I personally believe that we will remain in a 1930s level of prosperity for the foreseeable future…..perhaps even 10 years or more. The longer this goes on the greater will be the magnitude of major crime. This will be really hi dollar robberies,and burglaries. This 1930s will breed new youth gang activity. I forsee a hell of a lot of people packing heat……..many of whom have NEVER before done so. John Dillinger was a product of the 1930s. Al Capone ran wild into the 1930s. The shanty Irish gangs of Boston were doing their thing,as was the
    case in NY.

10. I am doubtful that anybody,or anything will be able to return the US to the level of productivity which we enjoyed prior to the GW Bush,and Soetoro administrations, in a short period of time. I personally believe that we will remain in a 1930s level of prosperity for the foreseeable future…..perhaps even 10 years or more. The longer this goes on the greater will be the magnitude of major crime. This will be really hi dollar robberies,and burglaries. This new 1930s will breed new youth gang activity. I forsee a hell of a lot of people packing heat……..many of whom have NEVER before done so. John Dillinger was a product of the 1930s. Al Capone ran wild into the 1930s. The shanty Irish gangs of Boston were doing their thing,as was the
    case in NY.

11. Whoever wins the POTUS job is going to have a real plateful. He/she is going to have to possess a level of resourcefulness,that nobody has seen for many presidencies. I do see Perry as a strong contender. Simply because he seems to possess the necessary spirit for the job at hand. But we have to temper this with the ability of a POTUS to MANAGE Congress. Congress has clearly shown that they are an inept,and otherwise inneffective organisation, which seems hell bent on doing it’s own thing,rather than attending to the legislative needs of America. Whoever the new POTUS is he/she will need to have the ability to put the feet of every Congressman,and every Senator to the fire,or breathe fire down their backs. Who in the entire group we saw at the debates has this sort of fortitude. While they all sounded like pussycats,Perry as I said seems to at least have a fire in his belly, and did growl a few times. All the others done was MEOW.

12. Interested Bystander

Brought this over from the previous thread:

FS commented:

“Your definition is correct, but you will never win an argument with those demRats MORONS because their only purpose here is to pollute the forum with BS.”

If ANYONE is “polluting the forum with BS”, it would be YOU.

Tina,

Let me try it this way:

Your personal behavior has NOTHING to do with your political ideology. When will people realize that you can’t “lump” people in to catagories?

WE ARE INDIVIDUALS.

For you to suggest that being conservative means that you have to thump the bible, or not smoke or drink, or that you have to be against abortion, or ANY other thing that INDIVIDUALS can decide for themselves, so long as it doesn’t infringe on other people’s rights, is simply not the way it is.

As far as giving Israel money so that they can spend it on US goods, that philosophy does not compute to me. Giving ANY money to foreign countries in a time when we are BORROWING 40 cents out of every dollar we spend, makes your reasoning even more UNreasonable.

When are the likes of you going to understand:

WE DON’T HAVE THE MONEY TO “PROP UP” THESE NATIONS?

And I’m not “against” abortion, if a woman wants 30 or 35 of them, who am I to tell her she can’t have them?

I DON’T WANT TO PAY FOR THEM (or ANY form of contraception for that matter)

You trying to equate personal behavior with political ideology has your mind all messed up.

I’ll end with this:

For you to try to suggest to me that I’m a libertarian, or whatever other lable you want to try to stick on me, it doesn’t phase me one bit.

I AM A TRUE CONSERVATIVE, unlike some who have tried to water down “conservatism”.

The Republican party of 2012 is the Democrat Party of 1961.

THAT’S THE PROBLEM, people have lowered the bar of conservatism for the last 50 years.

I want fiscal responsibility and THAT in itself makes me a “conservative”.

You want to continue down the same boondoggle that has gotten us 14 TRILLION dollars in debt (oh your candidate wants to “slow down” the process, but the FACT is he wants to continue spending more than we bring in).

It’s time for a REAL change, not a change from 150 mph to 102 mph.

13. I am not a true libertarian like IB, close but not quite there. That being said, I value his views and understand that they are the very foundation of the “conservative” movement.

14. It’s about time that we force our politicians to act the way that we want them to, in the interests of liberty and the people. Giving a coronation to an individual that is based on a personality contest and one or two “hot button” issues is ridiculous.

15. Interested Bystander

Paxson,

It is not my goal to have people think like I do.

I don’t like lables per se, because we are each individuals.

16. I hear you, IB. That is why I thought it to be ridiculous that Tina and FS, in agreement, defined “libertarianism” as “people who want to misbehave”. They in unison fail to understand the very roots of the movement that they pretend to speak for, at everyone elses expense, on a daily basis.

17. Rosemary Woodhouse

The bottom line is ALL of the agencies supposed to protect us have been compromised (glaring example: Panetta). What is shocking is there are more FBI and CIA agents than there are infiltrators; there are more of us than there are of them. How this is being allowed to occur is beyond shocking. I always believed us to have more backbone than this.

18. hapnHal | September 10, 2011 at 6:11 pm |

Bob…
    How do we get rid of this parasite? I don’t know, but this I do know.

Hey, that’s it! “A new way for job creation!”
    ***********************************
    If everyone would get serious, and back Orly Taitz, she has cases in Hawaii, and DC, in the courts right now! If she can show Obama is using a stolen Social Security number, or get her hands on the fraud’s birth certificate, (if it exists), Obama is finished.

19. Rosemary Woodhouse | September 10, 2011 at 8:22 pm |

*******************************
    Yes, something stinks.

20. oldsalt79 | September 10, 2011 at 6:19 pm |

——

Those are liberal programs the libertarians would hate. Libertarians are for their personal whoopee, excuse me, liberty, and won’t help a soul. And they are proud of not helping a soul.don’t tread on them. Read what they say above.

21. Tina @ 10:08

Once again you have outed yourself to being a “big government socialist”. (small l) libertarians are all for helping out their fellow mankind, via the private sector (either through jobs or charity). One thing that we’ve seen in this past three years is no matter how much money that they throw at the problem “helping poor souls” the government just can’t get the economy back on track until the private sector is healthy again.

22. I am just repeating the words on the blog which is to call you cold but you won’t help anyone. Conservatives help people. Ronald Reagan didn’t kill social security. He reformed it.

23. Go ahead and run on the libertarian platform and see if you defeat Obama on it. Call us cold, but we won’t help anyone!

24. That being said, I’m all for infrastructure improvements to the “commons”. Now would be a good time to get started, unfortunately getting anything through the EPA these days is like rafting a class 5 river in a styrofoam cup.

25. For the libertarians who live in Texas, just tell the firefighters not to show up. We will put out those massive fires out on our own!

26. Tina @10:30

Rick Perry is essentially running on a libertarian platform. Small l, meaning the right to free will and hands off the private sector.

27. Who said that leaning towards a form of government that is “conservative” are opposed to firefighters?

28. Tina | September 10, 2011 at 10:27 pm |

——————————————–
    You are correct.

29. Tina @ 10:30

The general public no longer has confidence in the federal government to make good on the many promises that your candidates in the Democrat party have made to them. Unleashing the power of the private sector from the burdens that your thinking has placed upon it is the only thing that is going to bring us back from the brink.

From the sounds of it, you enjoyed Obama’s speech of “do-goodism” for the people out of work. Too bad it is going to fail, just like stimulus number one that made the same promises to those poor saps that you claim need so much help from Uncle Sam.

30. Ron Paul doesn’t want FEMA because you guys can all help yourself, and I said if the GOP wants to completely kill social security they will lose. I support Rick perry’s fire in the belly, but I said we should have a careful review of all the candidates and their positions.read my posts. I am not FS.

31. Nobody serious is talking about “killing social security”. People are talking about looking at the program seriously so that it isn’t just another “welfare program” like you guys proposed in the New Deal. The same New Deal that stole from the Social Security program and forced it to be insolvent much sooner than it would have been.

32. Tina, you are a Democrat that has no place to go right now. Mostly because of Israel. The first hint of a rational candidate, you’ll be long gone from the Republican party.

33. I think it is amazing how young the folks are on this blog because if any are accepting social security in any form while people support Ron Paul, they are going against their libertarian views.

34. First of all, I do not support Ron Paul. I’ve said this dozens of times. In addition, obviously a pure libertarian approach will not work in our complex modern society. Initially I was speaking in philosophical terms about the initial roots of “conservatism”. Even modern day “conservatism” strives for pure libertarianism where possible, fortunately practical minds must come together to create laws for the common good of society. It is for this reason that I am not a pure libertarian, but in a perfect world I would be. This is not a perfect world.

Everything to you is black and white. There is a difference between a philosophy that you strive to achieve and the practical obstacles and outcomes if those objectives are achieved. What are the ramifications if society does this or that? I don’t think that you have been listening and you always bring things down to such simpleton us vs. them arguments.

35. Well based on the Nolan test, I was a 10 out of 10 conservative. I didn’t score positive on one libertarian position. But I feel libertarians with their desire for personal whoopee, excuse me, personal liberty, are liberals. Liberals and libertarians don’t want controls on their behavior. None of you like taxes. God forbid you protect America in a war. Liberals don’t want to pay taxes except for the rich, and libertarians don’t want taxes at all. I hate taxes too, but want them spent wisely, if I pay them, but want them reduced. You both won’t support Israel so again you are the same. Both of you hate fences and love Iran, or at least Ron Paul does. Anyway, enough said before FS says I should not talk to you. Goodnight liberals.

36. Also, the libertarian view on Social Security would be …. “I paid for it my entire life, 40 to 50 years. The government owes me this money that they promised to me.” If it isn’t a true promise then they should kill it now.

37. By the way, Perry, Romney, Bachmann, and Cain all support Israel.

38. Also, the libertarian view on Social Security would be …. “I paid for it my entire life, 40 to 50 years. The government owes me this money that they promised to me.” If it isn’t a true promise then they should kill it now.
    ————

Of course, and let the seniors, who vote twist in the wind. That will beat Obama.

39. Tina. Your candidates gave us Iran. Also, I haven’t seen anyone here who doesn’t want to pay any taxes. With respect to “controls on behavior”, who decides what is acceptable behavior if it doesn’t affect anyone else? What if going to church on Sunday becomes unacceptable behavior in the majority of society? Would that be too liberal to oppose the government on this issue?

Everything that has been said to you has gone completely over your head.

40. Tina. There are no credible candidates in the Republican party who want to “kill social security”. So your point is not taken. People want to fix the program that the candidates that you voted for broke.

41. Tina @ 1102

I support Israel. But it isn’t the only issue on the books right now. In case you haven’t looked around our country is exactly doing too well. All you can do is talk about Israel.

42. Tina @ 11:04

I was responding to the fact that you said that it would be hypocritical for a person who holds libertarian views to collect Social Security. I gave you the rational as to why it isn’t hypocritical.

43. John Kass does us a great service with his reporting from the swamp in Chicagoland. People like Cellini, Rezko, Blagojevich, Ryan, Madigan, Axelrod, Emanual, and Obama have nothing but contempt for We the People. They are individually and cooperatively trying to gain power and destroy our freedoms. They have been and continue to be very successful because many Americans no longer pay attention. And some who do engage in tedious attacks on each other and various candidates. Please wake up to the real enemy of the USA, the political combine. Sarah Palin is correct, whether you like her or not. We have been taken by organized crime and it will take years of concerted effort to reclaim our freedoms. The useless chatter on this blog is not at all helpful, is a waste of energy, and plays into their hands. Please wake up!

44. Bill G. People are wide awake.

45. You can stand on principles and go down in flames as you enjoy your personal whoopie/ liberties, or you can moderate enough and reform the system so that you beat Obama. I prefer the later. I think most of the people on this blog do too including you, Paxson.

46. Paxson | September 10, 2011 at 11:10 pm |
    Tina @ 1102

———-

Again, you fail to listen. I just gave you a list of things I was concerned about several paragraphs above, and Israel is very key to our national security and future technology developments. It is a key reason why I do not support Ron Paul. Israel and America are on the front lines of the war against terrorism.

47. But I, and most people here, support Israel. So we should be able to put that issue aside and discuss other aspects of a candidates make up. With respect to Ron Paul, I have tried to explain that while I respect his sticktoitness to the principles of freedom, I just don’t find him to be very practical about getting to his Utopia. This doesn’t make his principles invalid, or a bad person, it just makes him a bad candidate.

48. It makes him a bad candidate.

————-

Yep. We agree.

49. Sarah Palin has really grown in her understanding of a broad spectrum of issues. She will be a great addition to the next Republican Administration if she chooses to go back into Government service

“What Rick Perry was trying to say I believe is that there needs to be reform. Status quo is not acceptable because these programs are insolvent…so he’s saying reform is necessary and we either reform these programs ourselves or the world capital markets will reform them for us.”

While the first part of her comments trend toward the line of criticism that “Ponzi scheme” breeds fear in senior voters, Palin later underscored what Perry supporters have been arguing – that he is talking about a system fix and actually went further in that regard than Perry did in his own answer on the debate stage.

For people gazing into the crystal ball for a sign of where Palin is headed, this will add another scrap toward the theory that she may get behind the Texas governor eventually.

50. Agreed, FS. I think when you listen to everything Perry has to say, he concludes with the system needs to be reformed.

51. Tina | September 10, 2011 at 10:44 pm |

I have done a careful and thorough review of the Republican Candidates and I agree the best Conservative Thinkers that Rick Perry is the best of the lot.

52. It is the anniversary of 911. We should remember the fallen, and why we are fighting.

Here is a great article too about the peace now mentality crowd:

53. http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_083111/content/01125111.guest.html

RUSH: They’re scared of Perry. They are scared to death of Perry. They’re petrified of Perry. They’ll always tell us who they fear. They’re not worried about Romney. They think they can beat Romney. They also think that they can scare Romney into being a little bit more compliant and less combative with Obama. I don’t think they think that about Perry. I think they are very much concerned about Perry, just as they are very much concerned about Sarah Palin. That’s what they’re telling us here.

RUSH: Your buddy Stephanopoulos, transparent as he can be if he’s sidling up to Romney right now. Your interpretation that’s right on the money, you know exactly what that’s about.

CALLER: The images, the guns and the, “Move to California if you support gay marriage,” and all the other things that, you know, Georgie put on last night was just amazing how much he loves Mitt now.

RUSH: Well, they’ve got the same hair. You know, Romney and Perry have the same hair.

CALLER: They’re truly showing who’s really gonna scare ‘em.

RUSH: I think so. I think so. Since you say you’re watching “Georgie,” I haven’t watched a network nightly newscast I can’t tell you how long. It’s been years since I actually saw one. So I have to listen to your report to find out what happened. I didn’t know. I’m not afraid to admit this. I did not know that Stephanopoulos, all of a sudden, fell in love with Mitt Romney, but it doesn’t surprise me. It makes total sense. It’s totally understandable, given who they’re really afraid of out there.

RUSH: Now, Rick Perry used to be soft on immigration, now he’s not. There’s no way you’re gonna hear Rick Perry supporting amnesty in any way, shape, manner, or form. He’s solid on that, plus pro-life. Rick Perry stands in opposition to inside the Beltway Washington elites, I don’t care what party they are.

LIMBAUGH: If Social Security Isn’t A Ponzi Scheme Then What Is It?

Limbaugh: “I Want To Applaud” Perry’s Claim That Social Security Is A Ponzi Scheme

PERRY: What makes our nation exceptional is that anyone, from any background, can climb to the highest of heights. As Americans, we don’t see the role of government as guaranteeing outcomes, but allowing free men and women to flourish based on their own vision, their hard work, and their personal responsibility. We reject this president’s unbridled fixation on taking more money out of wallets and pocketbooks of American families and employers and given it to a central government. Spreading the wealth punishes success while setting America on course for greater dependency on government.

RUSH: And here he hammers Obama on the recovery.

PERRY: Now we’re told we’re in recovery. (laughter) Yeah. But this sure doesn’t feel like a recovery to more than 9% of the Americans out there who are unemployed. Or the 16% of the African-Americans, 11% of the Hispanics in the same position, or the millions who can only find part-time work, or those who have even stopped looking for a job. One in six work-eligible Americans cannot find a full-time job. That is not a recovery; that is an economic disaster.

RUSH: Right on. Right on. Right on. Now, we edited the applause. The applause went on and on and on. We edited it of course for brevity.

PERRY: For nearly three years President Obama has been downgrading American jobs; he’s been downgrading our standing in the world; he’s been downgrading our financial stability; he’s been downgrading our confidence, and downgrading the hope for a better future for our children. That’s a fact. It’s time to get America working again. (applause) So get our citizens working in good jobs and getting the government to working for the people again. You know, page one of any economic plan to get America working is to give a pink slip to the current residents in the White House.

RUSH: Right on, right on, right on, right on. Here’s the final bite that we have.

PERRY: America is not broken; Washington, DC, is broken. (applause)

RUSH: Right on, right on.

PERRY: I will not sit back and accept the path that America is on, because a great country requires a better direction; because a renewed nation —

RUSH: Right on

the most important information should be directed at discovering what it is that Obama and his puppet master have been up to. Anybody notice egypt yesterday?

Rush:…comments by Rick Perry, and we have edited the applause. It was substantial. But we’ve edited the applause in the interests of time.

GOV. PERRY: We need to stop apologizing for celebrating life.

RUSH: Right on.

GOV. PERRY: We need to stop apologizing –

RUSH: Right on.

GOV. PERRY: — for wanting to protect an individual’s right to build a business.

RUSH: Right on.

GOV. PERRY: We need to stop apologizing about stemming the tide of entitlement mind-set that’s out there. We ought to be proud of our efforts to give local parents and communities a say on how their children are educated, protecting that fundamental right of private property ownership. Our party cannot be all things to all people. It can’t be. And our loudest opponents on the left are never gonna like us so let’s quit trying to curry favor with ‘em!

AUDIENCE: (applause)

RUSH: Right on!

GOV. PERRY: Let’s speak with pride about our morals and our values and redouble our effort to elect more conservative Republicans. Let’s stop this American downward spiral!

AUDIENCE: (applause)

RUSH: Ladies and gentlemen, you know what? I now know how you feel when you’re listening to me. I now know how you applaud it. I now know how you get all revved up when you’re listening to me. Damn straight. Finally! Why in the world do we apologize? This comes from this defensive position that you always end up in when you accept somebody else’s premise in an argument. He’s exactly right: Why apologize at all for celebrating life? Stop apologizing for wanting to protect an individual’s right to build a business? Of course, the MSNBC story: “Rick Perry delivered an unapologetically socially conservative speech,” as though he’s supposed to apologize. I just love this bite. We have this one and…let me see… a couple more. And again we’ve edited the applause just in the interests of time.

GOV. PERRY: This administration in Washington that’s in power now clearly believes that government is not only the answer to every need, but it’s the most qualified to make essential decisions for every American in every area. That mix of arrogance and audacity that guides the Obama administration is an affront to every freedom loving American and a threat to every private sector job in this country.

AUDIENCE: (applause and cheers)

RUSH: All right. So he’s out there articulating the truth, he’s getting stupendous applause and yet, “Nah-nah-nah can’t have Rick Perry. He’s from Texas. He’s too close to Bush. We don’t want anybody from Texas! Bush is from Texas. We hate Texas — or not ‘we,’ but the voters. The voters don’t want anybody else from Texas.” This is the message from the elites, the inside-the-Beltway geniuses who like to tell us what we will and what we won’t vote for or who we will and won’t vote for. I think Perry understands who we are. We have a choice. We have a decision to make as Americans.

GOV. PERRY: Will history view us as the generation of Americans that kinda collectively shrugged their shoulders and said, “I guess there’s nothing that I can do? Will we just watch our nation continue this slow backwards slide? Will future generations of Americans living a life without any direction or decision that’s not made by some bureaucrat wonder: “Why didn’t somebody do something?” I’ve got more confidence in America’s energy and character. I totally believe it’s time to reconnect with the greatest attributes of our nation, to regain that resiliant spirit and recapture that love of freedom, remembering its true price. We’re all facing the same challenges in America. I stand before you today a disciplined conservative Texan — a committed Republican and a proud American — united with you in the desire to restore our nation and revive the American dream.

AUDIENCE: (applause)

RUSH: Right on, right on. Again, we edited the applause there. Now, this is not sitting well with the Drive-Bys and the State-Controlled Media.

54. Tina | September 11, 2011 at 12:04 am |

————————————————-
    Yes, if SS is not reformed then it will go bankrupt and none of the people who depend upon it will get anything. It will not be an easy fix and frankly I have doubts that SS can be saved but I appreciate that Perry is willing to try and I appreciate the fact that he has not come up with some simplistic approach like following the Chilean Plan which has resulted in extreme austerity measures and hardship in Chile.

55. I also appreciate the fact that Perry is not being deceptive like Romney who is trying to pretend that there are no problems with the SS System, hoping that voters won’t find out that he is lying until after the primary election.

56. It is incredible that Romney thinks he can lie to Republican Primary Voters and get away with. Republican voters are not stupid like the boHillary demRat voters who believe any lie that the demRat politicians tell them, but Republican voters are well informed enough (Thanks to Rush, Hannity and Levin) to know that Romney is lying when he says that SS is not a problem.

57. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/09/10/MN0A1L2G7G.DTL

“Why are we trying to kid our kids, and say, keep paying into this thing, it’s going to work out all right for you,” Perry said Friday. “It’s not. It is broken. It’s not going to be there for them. We’re trying to be political gamesmen. Be leaders. Leaders stand up and say we got a broken system, here’s how we fix it.”

“We wouldn’t be talking about this issue if it wasn’t for Gov. Perry bringing this up and saying it should be fixed,” Miner said. “Mitt Romney would have been fine, going down the road and never addressing Social Security, never addressing these issues.”

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/09/09/MN0A1L2G7G.DTL#ixzz1XcGeTcuq

58. When an obot zombie wants to show his a_ss in public. We should oblige him.
    Desperation must setting in, those polls for b-ho do suck don’t they.

obamaconspiracy.org/2011/09/vp-agnews-parental-citizenship/#comments

59. Tina @ 11:24

The “personal whoopies” that you refer to in this post is called FREEDOM. It is the foundation of our society. The assault on our FREEDOM can come in many disguises.

60. Orly Taitz Confronts Gov Rick Perry on Obama’s Fraudulent Connecticut Social Security Number – 9/8/11

61. http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-florida-gop-20110911,0,1205033.story

In his 2010 campaign for a U.S. Senate seat in Florida, Republican Marco Rubio proposed raising the Social Security retirement age for younger workers and “people thought the world had ended,” said Alberto Martinez, then his campaign spokesman.

But Rubio survived the predictable criticism — including attack ads from an opponent promising to “protect Social Security” — and won election as one of the first “tea party” senators.

“Candidates need to be careful about how they approach the issue,” Martinez said. “The ones who will be successful are those who offer honest solutions. People want to hear the truth. They know Social Security and Medicare are going bankrupt.”

That was the view among a quartet of Social Security recipients who meet daily for lunch at the West Tampa Sandwich Shop. None quibbled with Perry’s description of Social Security, in last week’s presidential debate, as “a Ponzi scheme.”

“It was a Ponzi scheme from day one,” said retired firefighter and registered Democrat Ernie Carrera, 81, sipping a tropical fruit milkshake. “People can see that the money’s not coming in compared to what is going out.”

Mario Castillo, 68, a semiretired auto paint distributor who is also a Democrat, leaned over from an adjoining table to say that Perry used the wrong language, but he added that Social Security “needs to be fixed.”

While it is tempting to cast Florida as a Sun Belt paradise peppered with retirees from New York, its political importance is driven by the fact that the state is far more than that.

62. http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/columnists/2011/09/they-said-reagan-was-too-blunt-too

Texas Gov. Rick Perry has gotten all kinds of grief from the smartest guys in the room crowd in New York and Washington for calling Social Security “a Ponzi Scheme,” and “a monstrous lie to our kids.”

I can’t think of a more fitting place to demonstrate a Reaganesque honesty than the Reagan Library, with former First Lady Nancy Reagan looking on benignly as a couple of her crisply-coiffed Liberal Mainstream Media friends do their best to discredit the heirs to her husband’s political legacy.

Reagan himself often spoke just as bluntly about liberalism’s many sacred cows, and he invariably got the same sort of outraged responses from the smartest guys in the room crowd.

Like when he said “government isn’t the solution, government is the problem.” They were scandalized when he called the Soviet Union an “evil empire,” too. And who can forget “Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall.” Some of his own advisors were aghast that he was going to say that one.

Now Perry is getting the business from the same crowd. And it started with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney – who knows a thing or two about appealing to the smartest guys.

Of course Perry did NOT say he wanted to “abolish” Social Security, he simply called it what it is. It’s a classic Ponzi Scheme because money from the last investors must be used to pay the first investors. The fact Social Security is compulsory while a Ponzi Scheme is voluntary is beside the point.

And it’s a monstrous lie to tell anybody under age 50 because everybody knows and has known for decades that the Ponzi Scheme’s days are numbered by the reality that too few new workers are paying into the system to fund payments to current and projected beneficiaries.

You’ve heard of being “upside down” on a car loan? That’s when you keep trading in for a new model before paying off the old one. You transfer the outstanding balance on the old loan to the new loan. That’s just the way Social Security “works.”

Like Reagan said in 1964, the only thing that “saves” Social Security is that Washington can always raise taxes.

Except that it can’t. Only three workers pay in to Social Security now for every one beneficiary. The day is coming soon when it will only be two workers. Can you say “ruinous taxation?”

And that’s why Perry is way ahead of the smartest guys in the crowd on this issue.

Sure, the politically shrewd thing to say is to we have to “save” Social Security. It reassures the old folks without threatening the younger workers who must pay the taxes that fund the benefits.

What the smartest guys in the room crowd apparently missed is that Perry also said this:

“And people who are on Social Security today, men and women who are receiving those benefits today, are individuals at my age that are in line pretty quick to get them, they don’t need to worry about anything. But I think the Republican candidates are talking about ways to transition this program …”

Perry appears to understand something Reagan knew very well: The smartest guys in the room crowd are slaves to conventional liberal wisdom and they are out-of-touch with the values and views of most Americans.

Our political elites in New York and Washington are far more attuned to that conventional wisdom than to everyday Americans. If you don’t grasp that fact, you will never understand why three-fourths of the voters trust the people more than professional politicians.

And that is why Perry’s candor may well prove to be his greatest asset in the months ahead.