Edward R Murrow, Citizen News dedication, Murrow page, Credible and truthful

“Just once in a while let us exalt the importance of ideas and information.”

“No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices.”

“We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it.”

“To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; credible we must be truthful.”

….Edward R. Murrow

Edward R. Murrow, widely considered as the “gold standard” in journalism, could not be bought. He covered the news and had disdain for the direction that TV was going in, entertainment and commercialism.

Now for one of the great coincidences of history, a fact few people are aware of. Edward R. Murrow and O’Henry, William Sidney Porter, one of the greatest short story writers of all time, were both born in the area of Polecat Creek, just south of Greensboro, NC.

Growing up in Greensboro, NC, my awareness of both men was heightened due to this fact. My appreciation for Murrow grew over the years as I watched him on TV and later read more about him. With the current state of journalism in this country, he has become an icon, a beacon for me and others.

I had a conversation with an older friend of mine this morning, a gentleman from my parents’ generation. We agree on many things and disagree on many things. One thing we clearly agree on was the impact of Edward R. Murrow and that he is sorely missed. This conversation was the catalyst for my devoting a page on Citizen News to Murrow.

Murrow was affiliated with CBS News. One of his friends was William S Paley, his boss. Even though Murrow and Paley were friends, Murrow would not bend his journalistic standards. Murrow could not be bought. I respect him for that.

I will add articles and videos about Murrow from time to time as a reminder of what journalism once was and can be.

“good night, and good luck.”

45 responses to “Edward R Murrow, Citizen News dedication, Murrow page, Credible and truthful, Journalism gold standard, CBS News, Greensboro, NC

1. Being a basketball fan, Greensboro, NC is a place that has a special memory to me. NC State beating UCLA and then Marquette to win the NCAA basketball title in 1973. I was there.

2. citizenwells

yo.
    That was an incredible run.

3. citizenwells

yo, I will add this.
    Greensboro, NC was one of the few places in the country,
    let alone the “south” that would have allowed the sit in at Woolworths to occur
    in a fairly peaceful manner.
    I was surrounded by good people.

4. Just caught an interview,on FOX,ABOUT 1.PM.
    Think he was an author of Presidents,talking about how some Presidents were good fathers and some not.
    Of coarse he glorified OBAMA.He obviously needs someone to contact him and bring him up to date.
    BHO a fraud,liar,bi-sexual,marxist and much more.
    Discusting how he talked about BHO AND HOW HE WAS NOT BITTER WHEN HIS FATHER LEFT HIM AT AGE 3?? bla,bla,bla
    Did not catch his name,but certainly needs to be straight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to get the word out about Retired Major General that says we can no longer wait for traditional change of power and new govt.
    Major General Vallely,retired. ARTICLE http://WWW.WND.COM POSTED JUNE 8TH.
    http://WWW.STANDUPFORAMERICA.COM Looks like the author needs to talk to him!!!

I read that the mayor of Champaign,Ill.,Gerald Schwirghart, says BHO should produce a B.C.
    mAYBE SOMEONE CAN CALL AND FILL HIM IN ON SOME INFORMATIVE SIGHTS AND TRUTH!
    LIKE http://WWW.WND.COM http://WWW.REPUBX.COM
    Must keep sharing sites and TRUTH
    Call REpublicans and give their offices info and sites for TRUTH NOW

Tell them to buy Manchurian President this will wake them up !!!!!!!They need to wake up and quit covering up !!!!!!!!!!!
    Also Overton Window new release,Beck,Thriller
    Let’s hope the end remains Fiction !!!!!!!!!!!!

5. MAJOR GENERAL Vallely

SORRY http://WWW.VETRANDEFENDERS.ORG

READ ARTICLE

6. SORRY AGAIN SPELLED IT WRONG

MAJOR GENERAL VALLELY

7. This web site is mentioned at AGJ.
    There are videos on this page and lots of information. Check it out!

# # # #

Comments from AGJ:

“10.CommieBlaster Says:
    June 20th, 2010 at 10:43 am

JUST FOUND!
    OBAMA’S KENYAN BIRTH CERTIFICATE

11.ledbythnose Says:
    June 20th, 2010 at 11:34 am
    10 CB

I saw this the other day . I think it was live oak or heather that posted it. This looks real to me. It has the raised seal and the little hoof print of the Demon on it.I can hardly wait to see how the Filthy liars in the MSM spin this one.LOL. Perhaps Dr. Manning needs to get a copy of it to take before Congress.Thanks for posting it again, it needs to be on the front page of the Drudge Report in big red headlines.
    Godspeed.”

8. http://www.breitbart.tv/sen-kyl-says-president-admitted-he-purposely-doesnt-secure-mexican-borderwants-it-open-for-leverage/
    Arizona Republican Senator Jon Kyl told the audience at a North Tempe Tea Party town hall meeting that during a private, one-on-one meeting with President Obama in the Oval Office, the President told him, regarding securing the southern border with Mexico, “The problem is, . . . if we secure the border, then you all won’t have any reason to support ‘comprehensive immigration reform.'”

9. http://www.breitbart.tv/in-louisiana-signs-tell-the-story-of-residents-plight/
    In Grand Isle, Louisiana residents vent their feelings about the oil spill, BP and the government through artwork and signs.

10. Fernley Girl

Look up:

Rex 84

11. I think that the video of Lucas Smith is an older one. Even one of the replies on there was something else noticing it too. Plus, as far as I know, Lucas and Orly are not on speaking terms now.

12. Philo-Publius

The Obama regime has made it known that according to their form of “justice,” NO soldier or citizen has “legal standing” to question anything about Obama, his eligibility, his many corrupt friends, his anti-American policies or his full-court press to destroy all things American.

The Obama regime is operating like a pure dictatorship at odds with the vast majority of American citizens. Regardless of which peaceful course of redress the people attempt, they have repeatedly been informed that they have “NO STANDING” to ask any questions.

13. kittycat…Lucas Smith said he wants to testify of behalf of Lt.Col.Lakins. Thanks all for keeping us informed. American citizenship + Kenyan citizenship = Not eligible for Office of President.

14. Margie,

Actually I hope it’s authenticated. But whether it is or not, doesn’t matter. He’s a dual citizen.

15. I fail to really understand Tim Adams. He doesn’t know what the importance of an NBC is, he must think that BO was vetted from what I am understanding. And like me before this all happened, maybe I didn’t understand, although since I have found out.

Here’s the way that I look at it. There’s not that many things listed to be president. However, BO broke one of the prerequisites for being prez. I mean, what about the one that’s age-related? What if he was 15 years old, why not break that one too?

See, if he breaks one, he’s opened the door to break others by other people. How can they deny someone who’s 15 to run for prez?

16. Alright….

Want to make the oBots cringe, then read this.
    Post by Linda Fletcher

Let’s Look on the Bright Side?

OH, Happy Days!

17. Elections official hits TV to affirm no Hawaii birth
    Tells network affiliate hospital certificate non-existent, cites racism for controversy

18. Mr. Adams is misinformed.

19. bob strauss

Jonah, I think Adams is an Obot making excuses for Dear Leader.

20. He isn’t a conservative. He isn’t a Constitutionalist.

But he is telling the truth and takin lots of heat for doing so.

21. Mr Adams is delusional regarding the intent of the Constitution and obviously has blind faith in Nancy Pelousy and the democrap party candidate vetting process.

22. Aristotle the Hun, Tim Adams has a misunderstanding of what natural born citizen means, and sounds like an Obot.

23. Anyone citing “racism” as the motivating factor to oppose the Chicago Jesus has to be an obot.

24. Bankroller @ 11:15 pm
    If 43 prior Presidents along with 99.94 per cent of the people who ran against each other, supplied their documentation how can they call people racist? I think the phrase they are looking for is discriminatory, and I don’t think Obama has been discriminated against in his life ever, if I had to guess just the opposite went on with him. I have never cared what his complexion tones are-never have, never will. If I had to “judge” him on content of character-well as a former Chicagoan, if you don’t know the South Side of Chicago is the cesspool of corruption you are in a coma.

25. Obama and his logo’s, here is the latest lampoon.
    “BP = Barack’s PompeiiI think I’m starting to understand one of the reasons why President Amateur Hour slaps his logo on EVERYTHING. To give the perception that HE is in CONTROL. I’m not sure that tactic is going to actually work for him for too much longer….”

26. Rahm Emanuel is leaving the party formerly known as the Democratic party after Nov mid-terms, people trying to guess why.
    ssmith Says:
    June 20, 2010 at 8:21 pm
    looks like the rats are leaving the ship
    Gabi Lange Says:
    June 20, 2010 at 8:27 pm
    Ooooh, this is interesting. Let’s see: Rat leaving ship, Rat is in trouble, Rat wants to run for something, Rat knows something big is going to hit and wants out of target center, Rat misses Man’s Country, or…. ???

27. Adams is a disillusioned leftist .

28. The Democrats plan for the mid-terms, all of us former Dems (now Tea Party) let us hope they are wasting their money.
    “Some veteran Democratic Party operatives are also skeptical that the $50 million investment will pay off – except, perhaps, in keeping the grassroots operation alive for Obama’s reelection bid two years from now. Some even suggest that the president’s team has put his long-term interests ahead of his party’s immediate struggle for survival.
    “I have zero confidence that they’re heading in the right direction here,” says one longtime Democratic organizer who didn’t want to be quoted by name criticizing his party’s major midterm election initiative. Added another: “I think they’re going to come in for a very rude awakening. It’s going to be brutal.”
    If that turns out to be the case, the doubters say, Democrats will wake up the morning of Nov. 3 wishing they had spent that $50 million on more traditional methods, like television ads, for reaching their base and persuading independents.”

29. Bankroller, Adams sounds like he is tossing in the race card in defense of Obama. Race has nothing to do with the fact that Obama is not a NBC,It’s because of his father’s foreign citizenship and nothing more.
    When the democraps get backed into a corner, for lack of argument, they automatically regurgitate the race card to try to change the subject.

30. I have to issue a warning on this video-it’s Obama, he’s upset because those mean Republicans are blocking him. He wants the citizens to focus on the real problems facing our nation. To me the greatest problem facing our nation is him along with his corrupt and incompetent administration. The Gulf Oil Spill the latest in incompetency, Fort Hood, other terrorists, the AZ border nonsense-trying supporting the Constitution Obama-
    The President calls on Republicans in Congress to put scoring political points aside, and instead to focus on solving the problems facing the nation. At the time of this address, the Republican leadership is blocking progress on a bill to boost the economy, retain jobs for teachers and cops, and help people buy their first home; another bill which would hold oil companies accountable for any disasters they cause by removing the current $75 million liability cap; and 136 highly qualified men and women who have been nominated to government positions.

31. Drudge reports…

China to overtake USA in manufacturing..Drudge forgot to add non-white minorities to overtake USA in population..

from previous post.

Gresham + Malthus + Religion + Politics = White Race Doom!

32. Sorry Michelle ,I tried to watch the video you posted, I just can’t stand to watch the Kenyan pretend to be president. He makes me sick.

33. bob strauss // June 21, 2010 at 12:25 am

__________

bob & Michelle

I tried to also. I even tried scrolling down so I wouldn’t have to look at him. Didn’t work.

34. Mr Adams appears to be part of a plan by the Administration to control the message, but getting out the work there is no long form BC, but that this is really okay and not a big issue. I speculate that their intent is to mitigate the damage when and if discovery occurs that there is no documentation. Their position will be that citizens should look past this matter. Otherwise why would Mr Adams condemn every person who questions eligibility as a racist, and follow that with the observation that many are born here now who do not have two US citizen parents. He suggests times have changed and it is unfair to citizens to not be able to run for high office. His arguments are interesting but will likely be not persuasive to patriots who honor truth and despise lies and fraud. So I agree with others on this blog that Mr Adams is working on behalf of the administration.

35. Mr. Adams even stated himself that one of his friends was born to military parents in Germany and wouldn’t be able to run for POTUS, due to dual citizenship…so then, why does he feel it’s okay for Obama to do so?

Has anyone had a chance to educate Mr. Adams on the various forms of US citizenship and why our founders were so adamant about POTUS being a “natural-born” citizen, not just a citizen or a “native-born” citizen. I have to agree with the others…given his role in the election, he had to be aware of the requirements and he likely has other motives for bringing this up right now.

36. Do the Brits know something we don’t?

Rahm Emanuel expected to quit White House

Rahm Emanuel, the White House chief of staff, is expected to leave his job later this year after growing tired of the “idealism” of Barack Obama’s inner circle.

By Alex Spillius in Washington
    Published: 10:00PM BST 20 Jun 2010

37. Sen. Kyl at townhall meet (shortened and audio boosted)

38. Regradless, Tim Adams is bringing this issue and exposing those involved on the news media, what others have failed to do in 2 years.

The Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Becks and many others will not be able to hold the flood waters back much longer of ignoring this issue and will be forced to discuss it.

This will then lead to exposing all the other corrolated issues and corruption ties, the 2nd domino has just fallen.

I wonder if Les K., white house corspd. For WND will reintroduce the question to Gibbs again….? He should.

39. Good Morning! I agree with you William.

40. citizenwells

Thanks Zach.
    I knew this was in the works.

41. CW,

Tim Adams is telling the truth, you can tell by what he says. He also knows that Obama failed as article 2 qualifications, and the DNC knew it. The SCOTUS and CONGRESS are responsible!!! CONGRESS for not vetting him at the electorial college level, SCOTUS for not hearing an case.

Now matter how you stack it up, the public has been de-frauded. I’m certain now that is why OBAMA didn’t take public money. JBJD is going after the individual state persons whom were charged with being certain of his qualifications, and that is good, but it isn’t enough. The entire USA needs to understand that the Constitution is no longer adhered to, that Congress is Useless, and the SCOTUS are cowards. In short, we have broken government, we have tyranny.

42. William // June 21, 2010 at 7:49 am
    ===============================

William,
    I agree with you. His opinions can be challenged by anyone here. However, Mr. Adams is a BIRTHER!!! He believes that Obama was NOT born in America!!! He was an official who personally witnessed the deceptive vetting process in the Hawaii 2008 election, so he has credibility. This interview could indeed open the flood gates!

43. I guess I’m going to shock and maybe disappoint you all with the true explanation of it all: I’ve lived an entire life of espionage because of who my biological father was, former East German STASI (CIA) General Markus Wolf. Gen. Wolf, a master of documentation, Legends, and life-long “Manchurian Candidate” agent running was turned by the CIA in 1977, and wanted to go down in history as having “Perfected the use of sex as an espionage tool.”
    He did.
    The only thing is that he brought his ring of spies with him: Markus Wolf is also Barry Soetono’s father, and his mother, a black Indonesian. Hence, you have all the mumbo-jumbo about the COLB, college “Records,” etc., along with the fact that such means The Great 0 also has the genetically based Celiac’s Disease, which dumbs one down when symptomatic (Like not being able to give a coherent speach without a teleprompter).
    So, the CIA’s counter-run 0 and preempted all the agendas to Socialism; soon he will simply implode, as deliberately designed by Wolf, who left all those holes to be found in his background.
    Go to my website to see who my other half-siblings are, and where they are in politics and espionage. http://www.rickhyatt.freeservers.com