US economy healthy?, Obama Democrat economic policies helped?, 12.6 % more part time jobs, High unemployment, Labor force plummeted, Average length of unemployment more than double, Median household income dropped
“Over the last six months, of the net job creation, 97 percent of that is part-time work,”…Keith Hall, former BLS chief
“Between 2009 and 2012, the federal government recorded the largest budget deficits relative to the size of the economy since 1946, causing federal debt to soar. Federal debt held by the public is now about 73 percent of the economy’s annual output, or gross domestic product (GDP). That percentage is higher than at any point in U.S. history except a brief period around World War II, and it is twice the percentage at the end of 2007. “…CBO September 17, 2013
“Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.”…George Orwell, “1984″
Anyone who believes that the US
economy is healthy and has improved under Obama and the Democrats is some combination of the following:
Sleeping under a rock.
Ok I know, the last one was redundant.
This has always been and will always be a group effort.
Real citizen journalism.
Commenter bob strauss provided a link to an excellent article about the true state of the economy.
The article from Independent Review Journal, in a series of graphs, paints a picture of the true state of the economy and the changes in the past 5 years.
- There are 12.6 percent more part time jobs and 4.6 percent fewer full time jobs.
- Even with part time workers being counted the stated unemployment rate is 7.3 percent instead of 5 percent.
- The labor force participation rate has plummeted 3 percent.
- The average length of unemployment has risen from 17.7 weeks to 37 weeks.
- Median household income has dropped $ 5,000.