Here is an update from the deputy director of the CDC influenza division, Daniel Jernigan, MD, PhD, reported on WebMD on May 15, 2009:

“By Daniel J. DeNoon
WebMD Health NewsReviewed by Louise Chang, MDMay 15, 2009 —

More than 100,000 Americans probably have the flu — and at least half of these cases are H1N1 swine flu, a CDC expert estimates.

The comment came from Daniel Jernigan, MD, PhD, deputy director of the CDC’s influenza division, during a news conference.
Jernigan noted that the 4,700 confirmed or probable cases of swine flu reported to CDC represent a gross underestimate. When asked how many actual cases there were, Jernigan noted that 7% to 10% of the U.S. population — up to 30 million people — get the seasonal flu each year.

“So with the amount of activity we are seeing now, it is a little hard to know what that means in terms of making an estimate now of the total number of people with flu out in the community,” Jernigan said. “But if I had to make an estimate, I would say … probably upwards of maybe 100,000.”

The CDC’s most recent data, for the week ending May 9, shows that about half of Americans with confirmed flu had the H1N1 swine flu. If Jernigan’s off-the-cuff estimate is correct, more than 50,000 people in the U.S. have the new flu.

At a time when flu season should be ending or over, the CDC’s flu season indicators are going up instead of down. As of May 9, 22 states had widespread or regional flu.”

Thanks to commenter J.J. for the heads up.

34 responses to “CDC swine flu update, May 17, 2009, WebMD, Over 100,000 in US Have Flu, Half Have Swine Flu, Daniel Jernigan, MD, PhD, deputy director of the CDC influenza division

1. Sandy, Thank you for that inspiring video

2. Mark your calendar
    don’t miss this broadcast

Blogtalkradio.com/usapatriots-shout

Sunday night (05-17-09) 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Pacific Standard Time

This week’s fabulous guest is
    Ron Ewart—President of
    The National Association of Rural Land Owners
    (AKA N.A.R.L.O)
    “A POWERFUL, NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION, REPRESENTING
    AND DEFENDING THE RIGHTS AND INTERESTS
    OF THE AMERICAN RURAL LANDOWNER”
    WITHOUT PROPERTY RIGHTS,
    NO OTHER RIGHTS ARE POSSIBLE!

this Sunday evening, May 17 2009 between 6 and 8 pm Pacific Standard Time. You may call 646-727-3865 to ask questions.

What a great opportunity to call in or write and share and discuss these issues!

You can write to the chat room at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/usapatriots-shout

call 646-727-3865
    You can also post comments at

3. Hi CW,

Regarding H1N1, thanks for this update from Dr. Jurnigan; he makes sense.

From what I understand from my vantage point, the *seasonal* flu has had an extended 2008-9 run, not decreasing in March as is usually the case. We got off to a late start in 2008 so that may be the reason why. Also, we may have been confusing seasonal flu with H1N1 at the time because we didn’t yet know what it was.

Cases will continue to increase over the next few weeks as analytical capabilities become more available. The numbers will be interesting.

4. off topic:

How many BARF BAGS do we need while watching the introduction by Father Jenkins
    (is he related to Rev. Wright?) to Obama?
    What a PILE OF HORSE MANURE!

Two soon to be X-Presidents–Jenkins and
    Obama!

5. Maddie // May 17, 2009 at 3:09 pm

Hi Maddie,

Had to turn him off-can’t stand it.

BUT, he started off by talking about the protests and abortion. ***The protesters got to him!***

Chip, chip, chip.

6. Maddie – The he!! with the BARF BAGS. They will need an army of Sewage trucks to haul off all of this stuff . GOD SAVE US ALL

7. He’s smooth. I watch just to check up on the enemy. He isn’t fooling me with his sucking up to these people all the while laughing at jokes about the death of his enemies just one week ago.

But….I can see how he could fool the simple hearted. Those who WANT to believe him…..those who willingly drink from that kool-aid fount that was spewing just now

8. barf indeed

9. Anyone noticing the blank expressions of the graduates’ faces and weak, ‘polite’ applause?

I’ve never seen such a bunch of unenthusiastic people with a president as a guest speaker in my life…

10. He was interrupted a few times too. One guy screamed at him to stop killing our children

11. sandy // May 17, 2009 at 4:00 pm

************************************************

As a Narcissist, that must have just killed him to hear that! Could it possibly be that the entire planet doesn’t love him? I don’t think he can fathom that.

What’ll you bet that there’ll be *nothing* on the protests/outbursts from the MSM?

12. It is common knowledge that Barack Obama’s mother, Stanley A. Dunham, was an unwed pregnant teenager. My question to Mr. Obama is “If abortion was legal in 1961, would HE be here today?

13. Good question Jonah.
    My fear is that as soon as they look for a job,it will be the Federal Government that will come looking to hire them AS A GIFT!!

14. goodtimepolitics

The Muslim dictator Obama makes alot of people sick, and we’re seeing more and more of the people that voted for him sick that they did!

15. Jonah,

I have suspected for some time that his extraordinary support to abortion is connected to his own beginnings. If you pause for a minute, one has to wonder what it means.

16. Hi Sue, Sandy, Ms. Helga, and All—

Well, heard that Sean H. would have more on
    ND tonight and Greta will have a show tomorrow
    night.
    ===============
    Two presidents going, going, gone—
    Father Jenkins & Usurper Obama/Soetoro

17. Jonah // May 17, 2009 at 4:24 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Hi Jonah,

If I’m not mistaken, didn’t Obama, Sr. already have a wife back in Kenya? If that’s true, then even if he ‘married’ Dunham the marriage would be illegal.

I just can’t believe how complicated this story is!

************************************************
    Maddie // May 17, 2009 at 7:51 pm

Hi Maddie,

Yup, I saw the whole ND clip after the fact. It was obvious that some were not pleased.

I hope he’s removed soon. I don’t know about you but each day he’s in there causes me to get a little more nervous. He’s really stepping up his agenda to destroy this country and each day he just becomes more entrenched.

Gotta happen soon!

18. 43 seconds; worth a laugh!!!

Obama Heckled During Commencement Speech

19. truthbetold11

citizen wells when are you going to take down the phil berg case. he has been bought off by the dnc to stop the case and attack orly. remember andy martin warns us about berg months ago about his greed for money. when you do have any and suing a lawyer like orly will bring in some more cash he lost my interest! he is still on hillarys side and that means he hasn’t lost washington politics yet.

20. I sure hope they were booing Soetoro. But I wouldn’t put it past certain liberal members of Nostra Dumbas graduating this year. I hope every one of those supporting the usurping clown remain unemployed for the next 10 years. They deserve misfortune so their whiney behinds get a true meaning of busting hump in the capitalistic world.

People supporting baby death have no clue what an oxymoron is. Otherwise they would know that abortion is the biggest logical farce this world has ever known. When you feel it a right for a mother to accept abortion, you are negating your own merit as your own life has no more value than aborted children in dumpters.

21. Sue K—I agree, everyday I check the news
    first thing to see if he’s out yet. We need to
    keep up with more Tea Parties and the signs
    need to say why he is an “usurper” to get the
    message out. Believe it or not not everyone
    knows what we do about him. The MSM has not done their job in getting it ALL out–what a disgrace.
    ++++++++++
    BTW: Dr. Keyes stated that he was not given
    an audience with Father Jenkins when requested.
    Guess Father Jenkins has “selective” honoring
    of only those who are DIShonorable!!! I feel
    really bad for the Harvard prof who won the
    Laetorae (sp?) Award and had that ruined along with, of course, all the graduates and families
    having THEIR graduation ruin by obama.

Dr. Keyes also said on Hannity that he would
    file a canonical suit against Jenkins. Good for
    him.

22. Maddie // May 17, 2009 at 9:31 pm

Yup, Maddie, gotta keep the pressure on-it’s the only way.

ND has the nerve to call themselves a ‘Catholic University,’ yet, they invite this ‘thing’ to speak. Boy, Catholicism sure has changed since I was a kid.

They should be ashamed!

I respect Alan Keyes more and more. Didn’t know much about him previously but I do now. I’d vote for him in a heartbeat and I’m glad he’s getting in Jenkin’s face; someone has to and he’s the guy.

It seems these days that even if something or someone is wrong, no one speaks up to call out that wrong. Have we gotten that apathetic in this country? To see masses of people screaming, crying, and passing out during The Messiah’s campaign just makes me shake my head.

No one seems to care anymore, and that troubles me more than anything.

Sheeples to the slaughter.

23. Wonder how many other Catholic Universities would have invited him to speak at commencement? Don’t think Ohio Dominican U. here in Cols., OH would have when I went there. It’s so hard to believe this actually happened. I know the Bishop was against it.
    I wonder how close he came to cancelling the
    invitation. This is going to have lasting consequences.

24. I haven’t been here in a couple of days, because number one, there are just some really rude people, and heaven help me, I haven’t been rude to those people, therefore, I just figure people are basically getting really nasty to each other. Not just here, but this place lately seems to catch people who don’t give a hoot about others. I can think of the other day when I asked someone something, which I thought was important (at least to me), but they seemed to be so ticked off with me asking and they were rude! Seems kind of a like liberal message boards, to be honest. I just kind of think that when people are getting too nasty to others, and forgetting loving your neighbor as yourself, then they might as well move on to the other side, which is exactly where that side stands. I.e., not loving your neighbor. Of course, since I use the name Yahweh, that probably freaks them out too, although it’s in the same Scriptures that they study, and which leaves one to honestly ask (in all kindness) why ain’t you calling upon Yahweh, IF YOU SAY THE BIBLE IS YOUR BOOK? Then I don’t feel so terribly bad and first off, because he says we’re supposed to be calling UPON IS NAME. Hello!

Anyway, with the swine flu stuff, things are not always as it seems. And it kind of seems like maybe it’s more the regular flu in places, however, since you can’t tell what’s truth and what’s not on the Internet anymore, some guy is saying (or girl) that it’s all a government hoax.

I don’t profess to know whether it’s truth or not, heck, who knows! I surely don’t.

Probably doesn’t matter anyway. It’s all in Yahweh’s hands and by his direction. He has his reasons, and since he’s the boss, I pretty well look to him.

25. Maddie // May 17, 2009 at 10:18 pm

*********************************************

Maddie, I hope the lasting consequences will consist of a nice, one-piece jumpsuit in the color orange with something nice embroidered on it like ‘Leavenworth.’

26. My guest declined to appear on my program this evening because he didn’t like something I said in my introduction monologue. I was really aggravated by Father Jenkins and Obama speeches at the Notre Dame Commencement ceremonies. I also gave Father Norman Weslin the Shining shatrs awards and the cops who arrested him the knuckleheads awards. I had plenty to say about Father Jenkins and how he bought the cool aid.

The entire program is archived–if any of you have time, could you listen to it and let me know what scared away my guest. I thought is was no class of him to decline appearing 20 minutes or so after my program began.

27. Great Post! Love your poll on Donald Young murder. Donald Young met with the Obama Voodoo Doll, see http://arlenearmy.wordpress.com/2009/04/05/voodoo-of-obama/
    Hey with this administration it’s knee cap bustin’, hangin’ by toes, Voodoo dollin’, etc. Chicago style.

28. I meant shining stars award.

You get the archived program at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/usapatriots-shout

29. truthbetold11 and everyone else,

That Andy Martin, an avowed anti-Semite, would disparage Phil Berg, who is Jewish, does not bode well for the truth of his allegations.

WHO Annual Meeting Dominated by Swine Flu:

I would post the link, but it appears to be too long. But do a search at Yahoo! News and you should be able to find the news story by the Associated Press.

31. Andy Martin, Phil Berg, Orly Taitz etc. are just killing their credibility by the way they carry on about each other. They were recipients of derogatory comments from day 1 of their BC/eligibilty cases and they are not helping themselves or the rest of us who think they are on the right track. They need to start acting like professionals who know what they are doing and less like egotistical juveniles. Our country’s future is at stake here and that should be the most important thing not petty, personal feuds. JMO.