Virginia earthquake August 30, 2011, Magnitude 2.1, 86 miles from Washington DC

Virginia earthquake August 30, 2011, Magnitude 2.1, 86 miles from Washington DC

From the USGS August 30, 2011.

Magnitude 2.1 – VIRGINIA

2011 August 30 13:26:50 UTC

Earthquake Details

• This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude 2.1
Date-Time
Location 37.920°N, 77.978°W
Depth 5.8 km (3.6 miles)
Region VIRGINIA
Distances
  • 11 km (7 miles) SSW (212°) from Mineral, VA
  • 12 km (7 miles) S (170°) from Louisa, VA
  • 25 km (15 miles) NE (41°) from Columbia, VA
  • 31 km (19 miles) E (90°) from Lake Monticello, VA
  • 62 km (39 miles) NW (313°) from Richmond, VA
  • 139 km (86 miles) SW (218°) from Washington, DC
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.7 km (0.4 miles); depth +/- 0.5 km (0.3 miles)
Parameters NST= 11, Nph= 20, Dmin=2 km, Rmss=0.08 sec, Gp= 83°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source
Event ID se083011a

Advertisements

39 responses to “Virginia earthquake August 30, 2011, Magnitude 2.1, 86 miles from Washington DC

1. In 11 days, America will remember and honor, I hope, what happened in NYC at the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.

It would be time well spent to go to YOU TUBE and watch the DVD called “Loose Change” which details exactly what happened on 9-11-01. This dvd cuts through all the media hype and answers the questions of : WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, HOW and WHY. It will be 1 hour and 38 minutes of your time which may help explain what is wrong with our country today.

Reviewing “Loose Change” again, if you have seen it before, will be the best way I know to honor the memory of those who died on that day just because the elite of the world wanted to usher in the NWO. They must not have died in vain.

No one can deny that since that terrible day, things have changed in America. We don’t have the dedicated government we had before. We don’t have the objective military we had before. We don’t have the safety of our Constitution which we had before.

We badly need CHANGE in America today. We need to go back to our Constitution and abide by it’s words. We do not need the change this foreign usurper has forced upon us, which will ultimately destroy all we believe in and the freedoms our forefather have fought and died for.

Wake up America before it’s too late…..the clock is ticking.

2. It comical to see the demRats try to smear Gov Perry by saying that he is a former democrat. The Greatest Republican President in Modern History, President Ronald Reagan was a former democrat.

3. Am I the ONLY one that will refuse to vote for a candidate who doesn’t address the eligibility issue and/or Barry’s ss# and various other crimes?

4. The bo and hillary demRats who try to disrupt and divide here are freaking out now that Republicans and Independents are uniting in support of Gov Perry.

5. hockeyfan530 | August 30, 2011 at 11:38 am |

6. Pat,
    Are you saying that the eligibility issue is just something to complain about but not really care about?

I don’t know if you are a “birther” or not so this is question is directed to the “birthers” that will vote for a candidate if he refuses to address the issue.

7. hockeyfan530 | August 30, 2011 at 12:43 pm |

I don’t know what a birther is. I am for the Constituion.
    I will vote forever the most (R) conservative candidate i can find, in any race including dog catcher.

8. forever
    for

9. First of all, I’m not smearing Perry. I am saying that I am having a hard time, not that he was a Democrat, but that he worked as a major player on the Al Gore campaign.

I’ll eventually get over it, but Al Gore is such an unsavory character in my mind I am having difficulty reconciling this fact.

10. Judge Lamberth Grants Defendant’s Summary Judgement Killing Obama Social Security Number Case

11. Pat 1789 on August 30, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Ditto. There is only one Litmus test that disqualify any candidate, D beside their name. There are no conservative democrats left only demRats.

12. Paxson | March 21, 2011 at 8:58 pm |

“Hillary… is looking like Barry frigging Goldwater to me right now. She’s the only grown up in the room and…there is no doubt that she is an American and loves our country…”
    ——————————————————————-

The STUPIDITY of the MORON demRats who support Hillary is astonishing.

These stupid demRats actually think they can come on conservative blogs and win support for Hillary? LOL!

It would be a better use of their time to go to the demRat blogs and try to urge the few demRats who still support hillary to get Grand Jury Indictments of bo because that is the only way hillary will get the nomination. 70% of the STUPID demRats still support bo and the Republicans are too smart to do anything that will hand the demRat nomination over to hillary.

13. Hockeyfan350

I am with you.

Not a chance that I’d vote for anyone that is going along with the biggest scam in history. To think that one of them will fix the problems of the country if elected is absolutely insane. We have stone cold proof that they will fold if any pressure is applied.

What we’ve found out here is who is really for the truth and the rule of law and who has been a “pretender” all along and was just using this issue as an excuse to get a republican in office. It matters not to these pretenders if the rule of law is trashed, as long as a republican is doing it.

So much for that.

Some computer guy just came out with a book that he says refutes all evidence that obama’s bc is forged or that he is ineligible.
    businessinsider.com/goldman-qe3-is-coming-and-thats-a-good-thing-2011-8
    I trust that albert renshaw or wnd or someone will debunk this new book in short order.

14. hockeyfan530

yo,
    good to hear. Did you read the P&E article about a Dem. running against Obama in the primary and he is going after the eligibility. I can ‘t vote in the Dem primary because i’m a registered Rep. but i’m going to send him money for his campaign

15. hockeyfan530

that should be an interesting book to debunk. I think it will be hard for this guy to explain the multiple fonts from a “typewriter” in 1961. But I say bring it on. If he can be proven wrong then more people may be convinced it’s a forgery

16. New gun walker scandal being swept under the rug by national lib media.

17. I suggest that 1 issue voters just stay home, leave politics and elections to adults. We ain’t playing bean bag here.

18. hockeyfan530

pat…I think you’ll get your wish. Because there IS only one issue that matters….the constitution. Of course i’m against barry’s policies but if you refuse to stop him over criminal acts and ineligibility isn’t that like screaming about the cold while standing in front of an open window?

19. Gov. Rick Perry will be on Hannity’s Radio Show at the top of the hour 4 P.M ET 3 P.M CT.

20. hockeyfan530 | August 30, 2011 at 3:20 pm |

I don’t have a clue what you are talking about, we discuss current events here, even the weather lately.

21. Gov. Rick Perry will be on Hannity’s Radio Show at the top of the hour 4 P.M ET 3 P.M CT!

22. hockeyfan530

pat,
    what do you mean you don’t have a clue what i’m talking about?..wasn’t it you that said

? Or were you not talking about the eligibility being a one issue voter? If not my apologies

I read this blog everyday and a large majority of the post are for one candidate or another….So i just wanted to see if anyone else planned on voting ONLY for the candidate that brings up the ineligibility

23. Gov. Rick Perry is next on Hannity’s Radio Show.

24. Gov. Rick Perry is now on Hannity’s Radio Show.

25. Perry has a 23 poiny lead over romney in South Carolina!

26. Gov. Perry was extradinarily well spoken on Hannity. His spontaneous answers were intelligent and showed a command over a broad spectrum of issues. Perry will destroy romney and bo in the debates.

27. FS. You are the one smearing good Republican voters who in these early stages don’t support the candidate that you do. I don’t see anybody here who has said they wouldn’t support Perry in the long run. It is YOU who causes dissent and mayhem amongst our party that you are relatively new to. Welcome. But get a grip on your sophomoric self. Your ways are not how our party politics amongst ourselves.

YOUR STYLE SUITS THE DEMOCRAT WARDS OF CHICAGO MORE SO THAN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. We have a bit more dignity and class that you fail to bring to the table.

28. You demRat Hillary MORONS may be fooling yourselves but you are not fooling any of us conservatives. It is obvious from your posts that you are demRats.

————————————————————-

Paxson | March 21, 2011 at 8:58 pm |

29. FS. Unlike you, I have never voted for a Democrat in my life. The Reagan revolution defined for me the stark differences between the two parties. Its a shame that you remained a Democrat for so many years. But welcome. As a reminder, we communicate a bit differently amongst ourselves than your sewer dwelling ex compadres in the Democrat party do.

Get a grip on yourself. Your unsavory nature is appalling.

30. Paxson | March 21, 2011 at 8:58 pm |

31. FS. For an attorney, your arguing style is abysmal.
    You are like Dustin Hoffman in the movie “Rain Man”.

These are serious times. We don’t have the time to deal with your mental illnesses.

32. If hillary is as the MORON demRats say the “the only grown up in the room” then why did hillary LOSE the demRat nomination to a INCOMPETENT MORON like bo?

If hillary is as the MORON demRats say”an American” who “loves our country” then why did she betray America by embracing the muslim communist pervert?

33. FS. Your obsession with Hillary Clinton is very strange.

34. The eligibility issue a key for me. It won’t end with this election – it will only end when Obie and crew are taken away in shackles.
    In the meanwhile, we need a president. I’ll probably vote for the GOP picked candidate (even if he is back by the Bilderberger/CFR types) just so we don’t have 4 more years of Obie.
    In the longer run, we need to get away from the political elite who run our government for the benefit of their special interest friends.
    We know this excludes virtually every Democrat in office at the national level and most Republicans. (Otherwise Republicans would have stood up to the criminal usurper.)
    We need to work to put honest people with strong conservative values in positions of power over then next few elections.
    If we can’t – we should probably consider secession.

35. Paxson | March 21, 2011 at 8:58 pm |

——————————————————————
    Not obessed with hillary at all just pointing out the demRat MORONS’ with hillary. hillary lost to the INCOMPETENT MORON bo in 2008 and she will probably lose again to bo in 2012 unless she gets bo indicted in so many jurisdictions that he can’t possibly campaign.

Regardless I don’t think that either one of them can beat Gov Perry.

36. I don’t think either one can beat Rick Perry either. You are one of the only people that I corrspond with that loves to degrade the people on the same side of the coin as yourself. I’m done with this little waltz with you for the day. Do some soul searching and get a grip on yourself.