Orlando shooter Omar Mateen was on terrorist watch list and allowed to purchase guns???, Another Islamist tied attacker on Obama’s watch, ISIS inspired act of terrorism?
” the FBI reviewed its records and determined that in early 2011, a foreign government asked the FBI for information about Tamerlan Tsarnaev. The request stated that it was based on information that he was a follower of radical Islam and a strong believer, and that he had changed drastically since 2010 as he prepared to leave the United States for travel to the country’s region to join unspecified underground groups.”…FBI press release April 19, 2013
“Saudi Arabia, which gave us 15 of the 19 Sept. 11 hijackers, will soon get the coveted “trusted traveler” status from the Department of Homeland Security.”…NY post March 21, 2013
“If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is a duck”
We have the usual assortment of liberal nut jobs pushing to restrict gun sales to average Americans in reaction to another Islam tied attack on our soil.
How about we restrict gun sales to people with Islamic ties who have been on the terrorist watch list ever!!!
From the LA Times June 13, 2016.
“What we know:
- The gunman has been identified as 29-year-old Omar Mateen, an American citizen who was born in New York.
- Dozens of victims remain hospitalized, many in critical condition .
- He was killed by law enforcement after he took hostages during an hours-long siege.
- He used a legally purchased assault rifle and handgun , which he had bought in the last 12 days. He also had another “device” but it’s not clear what that was.
- Mateen lived in the area of Fort Pierce, Fla., about 120 miles south of Orlando, and worked as a private security officer .
- Investigators are operating under the theory that the attack was inspired by Islamic State .
- Mateen had been interviewed by the FBI twice and had once been on a terrorist watch list .
- President Obama called the shooting an act of terror that was an attack on all Americans.
- Follow local coverage from the Orlando Sentinel and see a timeline of how the shooting unfolded.”
“Omar Mateen was taken off a terrorist watch list, but keeping him on it wouldn’t have stopped him from buying guns