Taxes, Unemployment, Businesses don’t pay taxes people do, Citizen Wells open thread, October 18, 2010
The far left, in ignorance, or as part of their agenda of the end justifies the means, perpetually bashes business and the so called fat cats. They believe that anyone making more money than they should pay more taxes. They believe that corporations are evil.
Here is the truth about taxing business and increased business expenses.
Rush Limbaugh, for many years has done an excellent job of explaining the impact of tax increases on American business and ultimately the American public. He explains that corporations do not pay taxes. This also includes non corporations, all business entities. This is the huge message that you never hear from the left, the business bashers. We already have a seious unemployment situation due to Obama and his far left socialists. I am concerned that tax hikes or hidden cost increases that will begin kicking in 2011, coupled with out of control government spending , will take us over the edge. Our new Congress will have to work fast to deactivate the tax and spend Health Care Legislation, cut taxes and provide a more business and jobs friendly envioronment.
Businesses ultimately do not pay taxes. Taxes become part of the cost of doing business. They are passed on to consumers and impact employment and the overall econo. When a business incurrs higher taxes or other increased costs, some combination of the following occurs:
- The increased costs are passed along to consumers. This could be a local family run dairy farm. The cost increases are reflected in higher milk prices. When higher inheritance taxes are in effect, the children of the dairy farmers could be forced to shut down. That would, of course, diminish supply.
- The increased costs prevent more hiring from occuring. The spectre of tax increases is causing that now.
- The increased costs can lead to layoffs and schedule decreases. Our high unemployment rate is witness to that.
- The increased costs can lead to pay freezes and pay cuts.
- The increased costs prevent bussinesses from spending money on expansion and new technology, futher putting a damper on the economy.
And don’t forget, people with money start businesses. Questions they must ask are is it feasible, will it make money and where do I locate. Taxes always influnce those decisions.
So when you are encountered by a brain dead, far left sheeple, educate them on higher taxes and business bashing.